PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

big mistake in smallest micro

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big mistake in smallest micro

the smallest stake on pokerstars are the 2 ct sng's, but there is something there that's strange at the very least.

the only option in that stake is a 990 man super turbo sng with very small stacks and extremely small cash ranges, in other words it's maximizing the variance in the stakes. so lemme explain why this is just really bad:
    if you play 2ct stakes it almost always mean you can't afford anything but the lowest stakes, which is probably
    when someone plays on a no deposit bonus (like scratch cards and beginner bankroll promotions). if someone does play on this it can mean 4 things: 1: he isn't planning at all to pay for it and only want to build by using a no deposit bonus. 2: he wants to see if he's good enough before depositing. 3: he wants to see if this is a good site to deposit on. 4: he is hestitant to deposit in the first place and want to try out stuff first.
    so obviously players want to win, and pokerstars wants people to deposit. because the only thing these people can play are those 2 ct stakes (assuming they use normal BRM) the odds of them winning is very low, first of all: only the top 50 get a cash (10ct), while it contains 990 players, meaning the odds to get any cash at all is almost 1 in 20. besides of that, unless you cash about 1 in 5 times (while the raw odds are 1 in 20) you won't make much money with only a min cash. the other thing is that almost all cash is compressed into the top spots, 1=4,40 2=3,30 3 or 4 is 2,20 etc. then we also have the second smallest stake which is 10ct, and even this one has turbo structue (not super turbo) and a 1 in 10 cash range. meaning the variance is much less but still quite big, so even if you make a major cash the odds are still decent you have to do it all over again if your luck runs out a little. the first decent moneymaking limits are at 25ct where we have normal blind structures.
    so lets go back at those 4 kinds of players i talked about. nr 1: the person who will never deposit anyway, obviously they aren't any help to you anyway no matter what you keep or change. but then we have nr 2-4. 2: the person who wants to see if he's good enough, imagine him (probably a new player) trying to make money on the 2 ct stakes, lets say he just won 30ct by one of those 10ct tickets. he plays the 2 ct stakes about 10 consecutive times and loses them all. a advanced player understands the 1 in 20 variance and knows this can easily happen, while a beginning player only sees he played 10 times and losed it all, so he thinks he's a losing player and moves on, so he lost his confidence and pokerstars loses a potential customer. nr3: a player who wants to see if stars is a good site to deposit on, more or less the same story here. he sees himself losing 10 consecutive times, maybe even recognise the huge variance here and moves on to another site where he can win, another potential customer lost. 4: the hestitant player. also more or less the same story here, he is hestitant already so not really confident yet if he should deposit at all, after he tries it all he sees is a site where he just keeps losing on, i think the rest of what will happen is clear.
    besides of all those kind of players there is another thing, many people are thinking online poker is rigged because of the fact that you play much more hands online then live and because there are also several turbo structures then live. both meaning you will face more bad beats then usual. i know that it are these factors that are causing it but many new players don't get this and all they see is that they are constantly losing with the best hand, now combine this idea with the fact that they only can play super high variance games, you'll get that this is getting much worse, meaning even more people would leave.
    don't get me wrong, i think this is a great site, but the 2ct sng's are a huge leak which can very easily be fixed.
    all things considered, i don't think it's nessecary to remove the entire tourney, the only thing you need to do is add another more playable option like a 9 or 10h sng with a standard 50/30/20 payout structure (if possible with normal blind levels). that way people have a choice and everyone is happy.

long story short: because of this there is too much variance in the lowest stakes making potential customers leave stars instead of depositing. so a very easy way to solve this is adding a low variance 2ct sng so people can choose.

hope this helps. good luck

**moved to better fitting forum JWK24**
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      **moved to better fitting forum JWK24**
      ok that's fine, but you fail to mention where???

Comment

yiazmat50

I moved it to poker discussion. The support forum is only for questions about things with the school.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

yiazmat50

I moved it to poker discussion. The support forum is only for questions about things with the school.

John (JWK24)
          thanks.

edit: still can't find it, i can only find poker education instead of discussion. but i looked at all the categories in it and can't find it in either of them.

Comment

Poker News and discussion... you had to find it.. you posted in this thread.
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

in fact i came here from the latest posts part instead of the normal forums, i still do.
              maybe it's my pc or something else then what makes it unfindable here, or i'm just bad with searching

but thanks for the information, and i hope my topic helps.

Comment

JWK24

just gave it another look from a different pc, but it seems like there really isn't a poker news and discussion subcategory. it's obviously in some kind of cloud, but unless you go to the actual post in latest posts you can't access the category.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                i copy paste it so you can see it don't exist in the poker community category:
                Poker Community
                Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments
                A place for questions about upcoming live tournaments and trip reports from those events. Current game rail and reports.
                4,046 35,395 PokerStars School Club - Our Home Game Club!
                by gounis2233
                Tue Nov 28, 2017, 08:02 AM
                Sub-Forums:
                Skill League (1,972/23,935) Online Events (437/3,867) Home Games (696/7,593)
                Off-Topic Discussions
                The place to discuss all non poker related stuff, like your favorite sports or movies.
                507 5,811 BUTTERS BETTER IN off Topics
                by 0HighTimes0
                Tue Nov 21, 2017, 08:35 PM
                Brags, Beats and Variance
                Did you hit a nice score? Have you found that your game is improving? Take a Bad Beat that you want to share. This is the spot for you.
                2,907 15,164 Unlucky? AA vs KK.
                by JWK24
                Tue Nov 28, 2017, 04:32 PM
                New Members
                Welcome to new PSO members, Find all your info here on how to Navigate the Site and Forums. Introduce yourself to our great community.
                1,414 7,114 migmaqstar72 - New Member
                by shyam2904
                Fri Nov 24, 2017, 10:20 AM
                Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs
                Take part in our interesting challenges and battle yourself with other PSO users. Post your poker blog in this forum and use it as your diary.
                1,263 41,217 Beginners Bankroll - Mission 3 - Forum Seeker
                by podd401
                Today, 07:32 AM
                and here the proof that it should be in poker community:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as you see we have: 1:live game sweats and online tournaments. 2:skill league. 3: online events. 4:home games. 5ff topic discussions. 6:brags beats and variance. 7:new members. 8:challenge & battleground & member blogs.
                as you see there is no poker news and discussion.

so long story short: can u please either make the thread you put it in a real category that people can access. or put it back in the category where i posted it in the first place. this because the original thread i made in the first place can help a lot of people from both stars and it's customers and it would be a waste for it to get lots in a non existing category
                Last edited by yiazmat50; Thu Nov 30, 2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Here's a screenshot of the different forums... it's right in the middle.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

i see poker news is in the support area category. not in poker community.
                    i already tried the other category but the thread won't show up there.
                    watch the upper part of this thread just above the title, it proves that it should be in poker community. can't get the screenshot in for some reason but i can copy/paste the URL to show, here the proof:

file:///C:/Users/PP45/Pictures/Screenshots/Schermopname%20(1).png
                    Last edited by yiazmat50; Tue Dec 05, 2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

JWK24
                      ​​​​​​​edited the post above with a screenshot as proof, if it won't work you can still watch the upper left part of this topic to see.

Comment

you can't upload a file from your computer to the forum (has to be saved to a web hosting site, then put into the forum thru the image button). The Poker News section (forum for general poker discussion) is exactly where it is in the screenshot that I posted.
                        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

you can't upload a file from your computer to the forum (has to be saved to a web hosting site, then put into the forum thru the image button).
                          oh ok, then stick to the first part of the post (watching the upper left part as proof)

The Poker News section (forum for general poker discussion) is exactly where it is in the screenshot that I posted.
                          i already saw it's there, but as i said earlier: the poker news category in the support area won't have this topic in it, because it is not there but in a non existing category stuck into poker community. just watch the upper left part like i said then you see it's in a ghost category stuck in community, not support.
                          to make it more clear just do this:
                          1: watch your own screenshot: here you see that the poker news category is in the support area.
                          2: watch the upper left part of this thread (the part just above the topic name): here you see that this thread is indeed in poker news but instead of the support area it's stuck in poker community. meaning it's into a category no one can access.

if this still isn't proof enough, and you still don't believe me then you can also do this:
                          3: go to the poker news category in the support area, then search where this thread is. unless a mod can access different stuff, i can promise you that you won't find this thread.

Comment

**thread closed jwk24**
                            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

Working...
                            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.