PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Flop Aggression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Flop Aggression

How often in f2f play should this be extended to knuckle dustering some one. I think I'm over using it. Johnny Two Shoes says it's just the normal rough and tumble of modern poker and he showed me Rounders.
    Last edited by fadmin; Sat Mar 18, 2017, 03:50 PM. Reason: dyslexia

heads up you should be playing a wide range. Depending on stack sizes there are several strategies that can be employed. very short stacked it will probably be a push fold strategy, Medium stacked you can min raise or limp. Deep stacked I like to at least min raise every hand but often will 2.5 or 3x.

It also depends on your skill level and that of your opponent. I am pretty comfortable playing post flop so I don't mind having a limping range or use smaller raise sizes even when pretty short. Somebody that struggles post flop may want to up the pre flop sizings or shove a shorter stack rather than play post flop against a good opponent.
    Tournament of Champions Winner 2014

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.