PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have seen it all now......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have seen it all now......

Im a little bit baffled with that....I was playing a Spin & Go at .25 cents value...wouldnt you know that a supernova was also at my table....Yes, a supernova playing a .25 cents game....I understand that they can play anywhere they want....but this is ridiculous...are supernova that desperate for a .50 cents win.....I did ask him what he was doing in a low stake game but never got an answer.Its difficult enough as it is but now I have to be worry about those clowns...its not like I had a choice of pulling out or decide if I wanted to face him.....anyway bottom line is...I had pocket Aces....and wouldnt you know..he had 8-J....and flopped a pair of Js....for a trip....

Sick beat - but I wouldn't worry too much about Supernova status. Anyone can attain this if they are willing to spend lots of money - I have at least one Supernova tagged as a fish.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
      Sick beat - but I wouldn't worry too much about Supernova status. Anyone can attain this if they are willing to spend lots of money - I have at least one Supernova tagged as a fish.

^^^ THIS!

I 100% agree with Joy (I have one labeled a fish too.. and a number of bronze star players listed as pros). Back before black Friday, I ran into KidPoker in a $1.10 9 man. Anyone can play any level of game.

John (JWK24)

P.S. Due to how short-stacked everyone is in a spin and go, getting it in with J8 can easily have been the correct play (depends on the exact stack sizes and the actions in front).
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
      Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

you know these can be played for fun? also since blinds go quickly up they are very wild so expect bad beats to happen often.

Comment

I wasnt concerned about the bad beat....they happened quite often....my concern was about my BR management and how Am I suppose to build it up..I have been sticking to the 100 buy-ins so I dont go tilt on higher stake but what are my chance of building up my BR when im facing supernova in low stake...Im sure their BR are much bigger than mine since they have acheived supernova status...Should I be looking at different game and different stakes.

Comment

If you are concerned about BR, you might want to try something with a little less variance than the spin-and go's. Games with a slower structure will be much less "swingy".
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JYCP841 View Post
              I wasnt concerned about the bad beat....they happened quite often....my concern was about my BR management and how Am I suppose to build it up..I have been sticking to the 100 buy-ins so I dont go tilt on higher stake but what are my chance of building up my BR when im facing supernova in low stake...Im sure their BR are much bigger than mine since they have acheived supernova status...Should I be looking at different game and different stakes.

I also don't think that Spin & go's are the best way to build up your BR. I guess you hope to get lucky and can play for a big pay out. That doesn´t happen very often and if it happens you have to win it.

I don´t see why a player with supernova status should have to stand in your way to build that BR anyway. The status isn´t a skill level. If I had money enough I could also get the supernova status. Have you tried to look up his/her statistics ? That can give you some idea what kind of player it is. It is not accurate but still useful.

The reason he was playing that game was maybe because he/she miss clicked and didn't want to play a 0,25 but didn't notice. It happened to me the other way round. I wanted to play a 0,25 an accidently had clicked the $30,00. I didn't look at the amount in the conformation screen and just clicked ok. First I was delighted when the wheel stopped at $60,00 , then I thought it was a strange amount for the 0,25 to win and then I saw my mistake. I didn't win so sadly lost 30,00 by not paying attention , maybe he/she was sad by only winning 0,50.
              But maybe he/she was out of money at the moment and was that the reason he /she played it.

I have learned my lesson and now always check twice if I have clicked the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by JYCP841 View Post
                Im a little bit baffled with that....I was playing a Spin & Go at .25 cents value...wouldnt you know that a supernova was also at my table....Yes, a supernova playing a .25 cents game....I understand that they can play anywhere they want....but this is ridiculous...are supernova that desperate for a .50 cents win.....I did ask him what he was doing in a low stake game but never got an answer.Its difficult enough as it is but now I have to be worry about those clowns...its not like I had a choice of pulling out or decide if I wanted to face him.....anyway bottom line is...I had pocket Aces....and wouldnt you know..he had 8-J....and flopped a pair of Js....for a trip....
                Hiya @JYCP841. I have also encountered SuperNovae playing low buy-in games on several occasions, even as low as a (now defunct) scheduled 11c MTT! Very recently, I ran into one playing a $1.50 buy-in 50/50 Sit'n'Go. A 'find this player' check revealed they had 23 tables open, ALL 50c Sit'n'Go or $1.50 50/50's, and they were pre-registered to play every game of the same type as they were filling up in the lobby! It might be possible to maintain SuperNova status playing this volume of low stakes games, but I couldn't say for sure - It's easy to get Chrome star each month (Silver star is within reach) with 4-6 tables constantly running at this level when you're playing. It's possible they have given up trying to maintain their SuperNova status due to the recently changed 'incentives' for higher level players? Perhaps it was a dare or personal challenge? Maybe they were streaming (showing off) and didn't want to look bad against tougher fields, or they prefer to average out the effect of variance across more games and play against softer opponents? They may have come down because they were tilting after a bad run at their usual stakes, felt they weren't on their 'A' game, or just wanted a 'fun-game' session that day. The move might have been a BRM decision following a huge hit to their bank-roll at their usual stakes, or they might have been testing a new theory or strategy to use at their 'usual' level. God forbid, they might even have been beta-testing a new multi-game bot or playing algorithm. Who knows, any number reasons come to mind, but the point is - they are allowed to play whatever stakes they choose, and those stars only indicate they spend, NOT how much they win. As @joy7108 said:

...I wouldn't worry too much about Supernova status. Anyone can attain this if they are willing to spend lots of money - I have at least one Supernova tagged as a fish.
                Don't worry about the sick beat - that's just the down-side of variance.

I especially +1 this advice from [joy7108]:

If you are concerned about BR, you might want to try something with a little less variance than the spin-and go's. Games with a slower structure will be much less "swingy".
                IMO, if you're trying to minimize variance, Spin&Go's are NOT the place to go (unless you're specifically trying to improve your short-handed game for Final Tables). Right from the start, blinds are a substantial proportion of your stack, and the majority of these games only return 66% of the buy-ins as prizes, to build the pool for the larger 'jackpot' games which you will only hit infrequently but MUST win to balance out your session, as @donna1906 has already said.

For lower variance, I suggest you can't go past the 50/50 Sit'n'Go's.

Lots of nice people there are here, hmmm. Like it, I do. Home it might become.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

what i can say, supernova just wanted to see how cards are hitting.
                  my self never played spin&go, looking forward to it.

Comment

yeah supernovas can be losing players. All the star status means is that they play a lot of poker. They may also be doing some kind of personal challenge or twitching a low stakes game because their fans have requested it.
                    Tournament of Champions Winner 2014

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.