PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new shedule lets start the debate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new shedule lets start the debate

Have gone from maybe 20+ tournaments i can reg for in a 6 hour period between 9.15 pm and 4.15 and now there are only 2 and they are both turbos how can that be good . The fields are much bigger with nearly every tournament having a late reg for 2 hours with the bigger stacks longer blinds this is awful for me as if variance is not bad enough .Hate the fact you can re-enter most tournaments twice a $1 tournament will turn into a $3 tournament ok for guys who do not want to keep within bankroll limits but for guys who want to keep within there bank roll this sucks . I never play rebuys so why on earth would i want to play a re-entry tournament ?

Let me know your views i can not be the only player who does not like it i have lost every tournament i play in the shedule . i would have reg for many tournaments tonight instead i have only reg for the free roll i do not want to late reg for tournaments had no options tonight .

Could be the end of me playing tournaments now i think stars have this wrong really hope i am wrong it could be a stroke of genius and it might have helped my game time will tell i guess . i have emailed support to voice my disapprove but i will be the first to say i was wrong if i am wrong . Real shame i did not see anything wrong with the shedule why change it ? .You have to feel you have at least a chance of winning a tournament dont you ? 8000+ fields compared to less than 1000 i use to play makes me feel as thou i have no chance now and with the re-entry on top as well . Just how i feel
    Last edited by divabrae; Tue Apr 26, 2016, 12:21 AM.

bigger stacks and slower structures = LESS VARIANCE

Less variance is better for a tourney player.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      bigger stacks and slower structures = LESS VARIANCE

Less variance is better for a tourney player.

John (JWK24)

I was referring to the size of the field and the amount of times you can re-enter tournaments John if you say that is good for variance i have to bow to your vast knowledge but too me it does not feel like it . Guys trying to stay within bankrolls will be at an unfair advantage now imo to guys who do not want to stay within bankroll and will take the 2 stabs back into the tournaments and knock out guys who will only have the buy in to stick within there bankroll .Going to have to have a think how i am going to play these re-entry tournaments and what my approach might be if i have no other options all this says to me bankrolls are going to get busted quicker. . I very rarely play rebuys so why on earth would i want to play a re-entry tournament. Need to think about it i just want to hear what players think .
      Last edited by divabrae; Tue Apr 26, 2016, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Players that want to re-enter is a BONUS for you... they'll punt off their chips easier. Yes, you'll get beat by them 20-30% of the time, but the others I double up and am good for a DEEP run.

John (JWK24)

P.S. A number of the tourneys that I end up playing even have FIVE hours of late reg, where some players may be in for 10-20 or more as they can re-enter as many times as they want.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
        Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
          Players that want to re-enter is a BONUS for you... they'll punt off their chips easier. Yes, you'll get beat by them 20-30% of the time, but the others I double up and am good for a DEEP run.

John (JWK24)

P.S. A number of the tourneys that I end up playing even have FIVE hours of late reg, where some players may be in for 10-20 or more as they can re-enter as many times as they want.

Never thought of it like that John i will have to give this some thought before i start playing the new shedule thanks i want to do some study to see if i may have to change anything to cater for them .Thank you for giving me some room for thought . I certainly would not be moaning if i end up winning one i will be singing the praises of stars probably and how it was a master stroke of genius lol . Maybe i just dont like change who knows i got used to playing those regular tournaments which i started doing really well in off late lots of deep runs maybe i am just expressing my upset at having my favourite tournaments took away and a possible tournament win taken away as i had got so used to the format i was playing so a little sad take care .
          Last edited by divabrae; Tue Apr 26, 2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

As a recreational player I liked having the option of which format of tournament to play. Now all tournaments start off with straight up antes, and so far there seems to be far less to choose from within my price range(normally 0-$1.10) as well. Just saying.

Comment

yeah i know exactly what you mean . I have had a look at the shedule and i am still not loving it struggling to find anything with the format i like for the right buy in within my BR . Only time will tell i guess but seeing a certain pro online tonight on twitch was struggling to find games to play within his own BR for the format he likes lol so looks like even some of the pros are having same problem !!

Comment

Definitely less to choose from
                Just watched on youtube, sounds like a good deal for higher stakes than what I play,more red tournaments. I'm just too cheap
                Last edited by Garume; Tue Apr 26, 2016, 04:47 AM. Reason: in bad taste

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.