PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evrey time bad beat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evrey time bad beat

2 in a row what is probability for first hand for flush

how were they played? how were they bet? what reads do we have?

These may be beats, but they also may be very badly played.. without the proper information, it's impossible to tell which

John (JWK24)

P.S. A flopped flush draw hits about 36% of the time.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

First one is all inn preflop second y bet 30 30 300 river adversar just pay no raise y dont understand why dont raise me only 2 hands beat him

Comment

what stacks? what tourney types?

We need the entire hand histories and reads on opps to determine the correct plays.

in hand 2, if you limped, then min bet the flop.. that is a HUGE error

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...749_81741E50F9

Comment

http://www.boomplayer.com/ro/poker-h...012_1A8F783FE1

Comment

The mistake here is flatting the 700 preflop. We should shove to isolate the initial shove as the more players that get into the hand behind us, the more times that our aces will lose.

When the opp flops a flush draw, we're going to lose here 36% of the time.

John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

With a junk hand like K7s from UTG, these cards need to be immediately mucked. When playing from UTG, the only hands with a K that I should play are AK and KK. Also, every time that the pot is unopened when it's my turn, if I want to play the hand, I need to make a standard opening raise, which for this blind level is to 3bb+1bb for each limper.

Bets on the flop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. I need to check this flop, but with 3 opps, if I want to bet, I cannot bet less than 3/4 pot. Do I want to bet 3/4 pot with absolutely nothing but king high... NO!

Same thing for the turn, but with 2 opps, I need to bet 2/3 pot. Am I betting 2/3 pot with nothing.. no.. so I need to check.

On the river, against one opp, a standard bet is 1/2 pot. This overbet turns our hand face up as a flush, so the opp should never call with a worse hand.

Unlike the AA hand, which is misbet but unlucky.. this hand is very poorly played, as it's an easy muck preflop with a trash hand. Just because we have an ace or suited cards, that does not mean that the hand is playable.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

First hand was just unlucky. It happens to all of us.

K7 is a fold you might have been a little tilted from just having your aces cracked. don't compound bad luck with bad play stay disciplined and fold junk hands from that position.
                  Tournament of Champions Winner 2014

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

You have right thancks guys just fold K7

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.