PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raiser's Photography Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiser's Photography Thread

One of my non-poker related ambitions for 2016 is to practice photography as a hobby. I bought a Cannon 1ds Mark III SLR last year and a few different lens to go with it and it's something I really enjoy doing.

The plan is to practice all sorts of different photography techniques form landscape to portrait to surreal 'artisticy' type stuff. I also want to cover other life events such as sports and music events. There's no limit to what type of things can be the subject of a great photo.

In this thread I'll share with you my journey in photographs along with the story behind them, I hope you enjoy.

We start off with some shots that my kids helped me with. I gave one of them (9 yrs) a white LED light and the other (11 yrs) a red LED light and practiced some long exposure shots in a dark room. The lens would open for eight seconds and they would basically shake the lights in whatever direction they wanted to with some interesting results.

The results were unusual but I liked it and thought that the red & white came out very well on a black background.

Raiser
    Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

Wow, those are beautiful RR!! So festive - and creative!! Looking forward to seeing more of your pics!!

Comment

Thanks Sam!

Raiser
      Online Poker League

Comment

Nice photos. I was a photography obsessive for a few years before finding poker (I have about 100 cameras under my bed, like a crazy hoarder!), and I used to love doing the slow-shutter trick. It can work really well in nightclubs if you use a flash to get the image of a person and then shake the camera around to get "disco lights" around them.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Very nice pictures Paul, I used to like making double exposures, sometimes triple and more.

But it not so easy to do these days with the modern cameras, unless you go for the really expensive ones.

Keep it up though, Photography can be really good fun and very rewarding.

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Bill, yeah a lot of it's trial and error I guess. I spent a lot of this week trying out and practicing new stuff on Photoshop and Lightroom.

Here's my first ever attempt at a Panorama shot. It's actually 3 photos stitched together. The shots are of Trim Castle which is not to far away from where I live and it was the location of Mel Gibson's Braveheart film made in the 90's.

Not too mad about the colors but just happy that I could create a panonrama. I had to play around a little with the coulr and exposure in Photoshop as it was a very dull day and difficult to shoot a nice sky.

This next picture was taken on the exact same day but I was playing around with some effects and photo-shopped in some clouds that were actually taken in Paris for a dark and gloomy grey look. The castle itself I airbrushed with some extra white to give it some pop and make it stand out a little. It's very over-dramatic but I don't mind that and I like the overall look of it.

When the weather gets better I will go back to this wonderful castle and take some more shots in the sunrise and sunset, the golden hours for photography. I'm very lucky that I live in an area close to a lot of heritage site so plenty of opportunity to take great shots of these wonderful places.

Raiser
            Online Poker League

Comment

love what is
              3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'm seeing all thee chemtraila sorry tooo say'difff
                thats why not see sky chem beeps???
                3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

lovely pics royal
                  love rulzz
                  Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Sun Jan 10, 2016, 03:15 PM.
                  3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by 0HighTimes0 View Post
                    lovely pics royal
                    love rulzz
                    Cheers 0HighTimes0

Thank you very much. Just learning

Raiser
                    Online Poker League

Comment

Thank You,
                      3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Im very intrested in th History of thee place's ur going vist.
                        3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Sec pic very 50 shades of grey
                          sorry i stop giving shirt now ALL Thee BEST,THANK YOU PSO
                          3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by 0HighTimes0 View Post
                            Sec pic very 50 shades of grey
                            sorry i stop giving shirt now ALL Thee BEST,THANK YOU PSO

Raiser
                            Online Poker League

Comment

im not joking im in too history ty
                              AS im a Viking History
                              Great photo's cant wait see when ur out of the shades
                              I dont know when to shut up
                              Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Sun Jan 10, 2016, 04:57 PM.
                              3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.