PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newer versions of software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newer versions of software

Does anyone know why, when sometimes I turn on my computer and try to connect to PokerStars, ( and other Poker sites for that matter ) I get a prompt telling me that a 'Newer Version' is available and to click yes to download , AND then has trouble finding the site to do the download ?

This is BEFORE my computer has even found the site and attempted to log me in.

I get a dialog box saying 'finding site' and then another saying 'site found attempting to contact'

How does my computer even know that there is a newer version available it it has not even contacted the site ?

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Ummmm good question

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Comment

Just a guess

you contact pokerstars by clicking on its emblem. Pokerstars has the same ability. When they have something new to add to their site they send a signal to your computer that something new is available. ALL COMPUTERS that have downloaded pokerstars receives this signal. they can't just download it because they need your permission to change your computers version of the site. So the next time you click on pokerstars your computer tells you that it received the signal by asking you if you want pokerstars to
      make changes to your computer.

I've never clicked no I don't know what happens if you do. lol
      Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

If you click no the program closes - you have to update or you can't connect.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.