PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Windows 10

    Almost daily get a pop up inviting me to download my free copy before they are gone. Sounds like a sales job to me so have resisted making the upgrade.Also was waiting for all the inevitable bugs to get fixed, but now am hearing that it is good and has lots of new features so am trying to decide.

    So PSO anybody tried it yet?
    "A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

  • #2
    I get the same pop ups and haven't tried it yet either.

    I think @JWK24 has.

    Raiser
    Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

    Comment


    • #3
      I have had 10 on my desktop (main computer) for a while now. When it first came out, I had a number of problems with some of the drivers (windows automatically updated them to a generic windows version that wasn't compatible with my devices). Once I threw these out and re-installed the drivers from the OEM of my devices (the biggest problems were my Ethernet card, as it would randomly drop me from the net, and my new headset).

      Other than this, I've only run into one problem and that was an update that messed with my printer settings in Edge (the new browser). My fix for it is that anything that I need to print, I need to pull up in firefox, not edge.

      I only put it on this computer (laptop is still 8.1). I'll be upgrading it once things settle down and I get home as I'm leaving today for a week.

      John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator



      6 Time Bracelet Winner




      Online Poker League
      Can you win the leaderboard?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
        I have had 10 on my desktop (main computer) for a while now. When it first came out, I had a number of problems with some of the drivers (windows automatically updated them to a generic windows version that wasn't compatible with my devices). Once I threw these out and re-installed the drivers from the OEM of my devices (the biggest problems were my Ethernet card, as it would randomly drop me from the net, and my new headset).

        Other than this, I've only run into one problem and that was an update that messed with my printer settings in Edge (the new browser). My fix for it is that anything that I need to print, I need to pull up in firefox, not edge.

        I only put it on this computer (laptop is still 8.1). I'll be upgrading it once things settle down and I get home as I'm leaving today for a week.

        John (JWK24)
        One quick question, did you do an upgrade or a new clean install ?
        "A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ron112355 View Post
          One quick question, did you do an upgrade or a new clean install ?
          Upgrade

          Actually one of my projects for tomorrow is to upgrade mom's computer.

          John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator



          6 Time Bracelet Winner




          Online Poker League
          Can you win the leaderboard?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
            Upgrade

            Actually one of my projects for tomorrow is to upgrade mom's computer.

            John (JWK24)
            I'm hearing is better to backup all files and do a complete new install so you don't bring unneeded files and malware crap with you. But apparently it's tricky so unless you are a techy and know about partioning and stuff you should just upgrade.

            So do you like it? oh and have you tried Cortana yet?

            "A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

            Comment


            • #7
              I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago, and haven't had any problems. I'm still using Chrome as my browser, and don't do a lot on the system besides poker. (When I was an IT manager, I used to wait for the first "Service Pack" before I would consider any upgrades.)
              Bracelet Winner


              Comment

              Working...
              X

              X Cookies Information

              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.