PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Poker Gods have a nasty sense of humour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Poker Gods have a nasty sense of humour

I signed up for the PSO Open at 5.45pm my time and less than a minute later my computer decided it was time to restart itself and install updates.

Now, normally this would be a minor inconvenience as it usually takes only a couple of minutes, which would still leave me ten minutes before the tourney got underway.

Today, however, the 'Poker Gods' decided to have a little fun.

I have just had two reasonable finishes ( 15 ) and (349 ) and was hoping for another today, BUT, no such luck.
    My computer decided it needed 21 updates which took 35 minutes to install and a further 10 minutes to configure and then needed two restarts to complete.

When I finally got back on to Stars, I was down to less than 1,000 chips.

I watched the table for a complete orbit folding every hand ( which wasn't too hard as I was dealt a load of rubbish ).

The guy to my immediate right was playing every hand and and showing atc type holdings.

When I was next in the BB I was dealt J6o and got a free flop against just the SB.

The flop came J62 rainbow sb checked, I bet pot hoping he would come along judging by his play for the last complete orbit.

He did.

Turn card was a 10 and he checked again, I bet the pot again, but this time wanting him to fold, as I thought there was enough now in the pot for me,

Unfortunately he called again.

The river was a 7 , which I considered a brick and this time he went all in.

I considered his play so far in this hand, and concluded that if he had a jack he would have bet the flop, so dismissed that possibility, I'd put him on a six or even a 2, as the kind of player he seemed to be would call if they hit anything.

I came to the conclusion that he held 67 or just maybe an effsea special and I beat both those holdings, so I called.

Big mistake he turned over 89o for the straight 7 - J

And I'm out 4,000+

3 Time Bracelet Winner

I'm like famous

Don't you just lov/hate poker Bill ?

Cheers
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

yeah ok weves
      Last edited by rivercity121; Fri Aug 14, 2015, 12:28 PM. Reason: he payed me off

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.