PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back in town

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in town

Hi guys

Been gone for a bit, had a LOT of stuff going on at home and was in a position where I was playing poker with a scared money attitude, since RL problems/concerns were forcing my behaviour and led to me tilting more than I liked.

Long story short, I am in a happier place and looking to dip my toe back into the Poker arena.

I would appreciate any advice, especially on any tried+true tactics that could have updated in the last year.

My plan will be to start out with a $50 stake and run 50c SNG 45/90 man games and work my roll up. I'd be keeping to a 50-100x, only stepping up or dropping down when it dropped outside this range.

Stop loss of 5 games per day, playing no more than 10 games per day to avoid burn out and tilt.

Let me know, what do you think?

Good to be back, speak soon

Whassup,baud?

Plan sounds solid...remember,don't skimp on studying and reviewing your play in order to play. Should be as close to a 50/50 division of your time as possible.

GL and crush it.

Comment

Follow a solid bankroll management strategy to avoid variance and keep your emotions in check- if you go through a bad beat and know you're steaming quite badly, stop playing immediately and go on a walk or something.
      And just remember you'll need patience on the way to the top.

Good luck at the tables mate.

Comment

Welcome back [@baud2death] plan looks good to me

Raiser
        Online Poker League
        Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.