PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flags of the United Kingdom on PokerStars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flags of the United Kingdom on PokerStars

Interesting comment in the Blog Section from member @Darth_vibe

I don't think I've ever seen a Welsh or Scottish flag in the PokerStars client. It seems that they are all covered under the umbrella of the United Kingdom.

I think it would be nice if players had a choice to select the flag of their chosen nationality in cases like this. Does anyone know if it's possible?

Raiser
    No, PokerStars should choose their flag based on their account details.
    21.05%
    Yes, players should be able to choose their flag when creating their account.
    78.95%
    Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

It isn't, I asked long ago on a 2+2 thread.

I wanted to change mine to the Irish flag but was told I could only use the Union flag. Not too happy about it but nothing I can do either.

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
      It isn't, I asked long ago on a 2+2 thread.

I wanted to change mine to the Irish flag but was told I could only use the Union flag. Not too happy about it but nothing I can do either.
      [@bhoylegend] Shame It's a pity, should be allowed, I wonder what the reason is?

Raiser
      Online Poker League

Comment

Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
        [@bhoylegend] Shame It's a pity, should be allowed, I wonder what the reason is?

Raiser
        At a very loose estimate I would say their reasoning is to avoid spillover of political/religious sentiment to the poker tables.

Would they recognise Palestine? Catalunya? Basque region? Although these areas are all part of larger nation states they have their own governments etc. and certainly have their own national indentidies but I'd imaging it would be contentious for Pokerstars to allow people to express their national identity in that way especially when poker is largely a grey area in many states, it doesn't take much for governments to move against them.

I don't think I need elaborate on where the Irish flag and the Union flag fits in the puzzle.

It is just a guess but I think there is some logic too it even if it's not the actual reason @royalraise85

Comment

You can still upload an image of your chosen flag surely?

Comment

Originally posted by PlasticPearl View Post
            You can still upload an image of your chosen flag surely?
            Hi [@PlasticPearl]

Yeah, you can always upload an avatar pic of your flag but we are talking about the flag that appears beside your name in the tournament lobby for results etc There's no option to change that.

Raiser
            Online Poker League

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.