PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does all the play money chips go to? - PokerStars Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does all the play money chips go to? - PokerStars Question

I'm just wondering. If you can reload every time you bust - unlimited times, or you can buy play money chips, but you can not cash out play money (wright), soon there would be a billions and billions of play money. So how Stars, or any other poker site is preventing inflation of play money.

Originally posted by kole011 View Post
    I'm just wondering. If you can reload every time you bust - unlimited times, or you can buy play money chips, but you can not cash out play money (wright), soon there would be a billions and billions of play money. So how Stars, or any other poker site is preventing inflation of play money.

Hey [@kole011],

That's a really really cool question

I've never thought about it like this but it would seem on the face of it that you are correct.

Any one else have any thoughts?

Raiser
    Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

Rake. Chips are still raked which takes them out of circulation.

Comment

LM2+2TFY

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...games-1471854/

See this thread, there are some posts in there from Pokerstars Bob and Lee Jones (He does occasionally show his face on the forums), also a few pictures of a dog giving its owner the eye while he sits on the toilet.

Comment

I think there IS a big inflation going on ever since the moment you could start buying play money. The free 1K for starters is indeed countered by rake, but there are plenty of people that buy large amounts of play money to be able to play at "higher levels", especially from USA.

Comment

I don't know how you can make something worth less than zero, which is what play chips are worth. I am positive that people were selling them before stars started selling them because I had people come in and spam the chat with links on where to go to buy them. I would never buy play chips.

I have noticed the high stake play chip games have gotten a lot softer since stars started selling them. I suppose that is a type of inflation. Those games used to be stronger because the people that had the chips to play them for the most part earned them through play, so they were worth more to them but still not worth a real dollar amount.
            Tournament of Champions Winner 2014

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.