PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buzz words

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzz words

Is it me or are there more and more words that people use that don't actually mean anything? Watched a couple streams on Twitch recently and all the time people are saying "hype this" and "hype that", final table "hype"! Any other buzz words people see that are nonsense?

I'm not sure about nonsensical buzz words, but poker players tend to be a rather uninteresting bunch when it comes to conversations at the poker table. 90% of what is said typically falls under my top ten list of overused poker sayings:

1. One time!
    2. Ship it!
    3. That's so sick.
    4. If I fold, will you show?
    5. You're such a donk/fish (this happens more in online chat, and less so in live games).
    6. ******* Russian (also happens more in online chat, unless you're Tony G).
    7. Nice bet/call.
    8. What do you have left?
    9. Why'd you bet so big?
    10. That's poker!/Now, that's how you play poker!

Comment

'Vamooooooooooooos'

Comment

#psopoker

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.