PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poker Etiquette

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker Etiquette

I'm not sure if this is legal or not, It probably is. Anyway, I'm on the stone bubble of a satty into a big online tournament and everyone is stalling, timing out etc. Without any action taking place from the deal the big blind writes in the chat "A10,gl" Insinuating that he's going with his hand. He has 7 bigs. Now, I have no idea what he had as everyone folded. Is this legal?
    Double Bracelet Winner

Originally posted by bpetrov78 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is legal or not, It probably is. Anyway, I'm on the stone bubble of a satty into a big online tournament and everyone is stalling, timing out etc. Without any action taking place from the deal the big blind writes in the chat "A10,gl" Insinuating that he's going with his hand. He has 7 bigs. Now, I have no idea what he had as everyone folded. Is this legal?
    Hi bpetrov78,

It's a grey area.

If he said 'I'm holding A 10 and I'm shoving' then this is not allowed.

However, if he said 'Could you beat A 10?' then he's not actually saying he's holding it, just asking if you could beat it.

In your case he said neither, see what I mean by grey?

However, I would suggest you email support@pokerstars.com and send them the hand history. Let them know you were unhappy with what happened.

They will investigate the matter and take any action necessary if they decide to do so. They might give the player a warning.

Cheers,
    Raiser
    Live long and prosper.
    Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

Thank you, It didn't actually happen on Stars and I didn't bubble so I was just curious really.
      Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.