PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having trouble with sleeping schedule?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having trouble with sleeping schedule?

I'm 18 and dropped out of college in order to change courses in Summer. So, right now, I have barely anything going through me. I have to study in order to get my driving license and in order to redo HS final exams, but besides that... Probably gonna have a part-time job in a few weeks, although it will be a 4 hour night shift until 1 am, and still not very certain.

So I got into the habit of going to bed at 5-6 am, waking up at 12-13. Not that bad because I use the night hours to study, play poker, and watch Oscar nominees; the exact same thing I would do in the morning hours. However I'd like to wake up earlier, if for nothing else because sometimes I have to wake at 8 without notice and end up missing sleep.

Already pulled 2 or 3 all nighters this month (although only 1 of them was 24 hours straight non-sleep), but the problem continues: the after the all-nighter, I can sleep at 11 pm. But the day after that, I am not sleepy at 11 pm. I am tired (yawning, can't focus 100%, clumpsy, etc) but if I go to bed, I won't be able to sleep, until I feel really tired (3-5am).

Does anyone else have had this kind of experience? After the Oscars (they last until 5am here) I'm thinking of start using my alarm clock to force myself to wake up earlier. Is this a good idea? Any thoughts?
    Thanks
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.