PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why dont the pros play on pokerstars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why dont the pros play on pokerstars?

so i was wondering why dont the pros play on pokerstars. i saw a leaderboard of the biggest profit plaayers of 2014 and none of them played on pokerstars but on full tilt. so im guessing the team pro and team online players are just doing their supernova statuses because of their contract and then go do most of the playing somewhere else? why is that so?

I don't think that is necessarily the case. A lot of the Pros are there because they are big names, because they are famous in the live games. So they're likely not showing in the most profitable because they're not playing online at all: they're playing live.

Comment

You can always check out which team pokerstars pros are playing by ckecking the who's playing in the requests box in the main PS client.

Comment

You will find them online sometimes on sundays and when major events such as the SCOOP and WCOOP come around. Other than that they are like ghosts, they play mostly play big live events.

Comment

We have @kanupoker and @xflixx playing every day on Stars. Today we had chance for 2.5% of their PCA winnings this January, for wining a $1.10 tourney today. I busted as usual.

So $1.10 was my total tournament buy-in. The pros play cash so 100bb is $100 @ 50c/$1 or just 1bb @ $50/$100 - My education today was the difference between Super-Nova and Super-Nova Elite.

Those pros play a huge volume and are very good.

Comment

there are exeptions yes, but still it's weird that most of the worlds best players dont play on pokerstars. maybe it's just my opinion.

Comment

I'd say most of the worlds best players play on PokerStars and FullTilt. They may have different screen names on each site and a lot of them may not necessarily be names that are recognisable to most people. The reason any database of high stakes results might look like the most profitable players only play on FullTilt is perhaps because of the nosebleed mixed game action you tend to get there. But I'd say you get a lot more high stakes NLHE and PLO action on PokerStars. And there is only a small number of players that play in both these areas.

I'm not exactly sure why there seems to be a split in where the games are played, maybe just the preference of the certain players that generate the action.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Think it would help to define 'pro' because Pokerstars has far and away the most professional players playing on their site.

The 'celebrity' pro players might play elsewhere though. Could be numerous reasons for this. Some endorsement issues, Rakeback issues or even game securit issues might mean players play at the other sites.

Comment

I knocked Joe Cada out of the WCOOP!
                  That's enough pros for me :P

Comment

I don't think OP means pros in the traditional sense, since almost all online pros do play on stars.
                    i saw a leaderboard of the biggest profit plaayers of 2014
                    The biggest profit players are mostly the nosebleed regs who won last year, it's a very small player pool and the nosebleed games tend to run on Full Tilt, that's why. They all do play on stars too, even though most of their online nosebleed cash action took place on FT. For example I spent several hours railing both Phil Ivey and Isildur1 in the 10K WCOOP this year... they do make their way on to the Stars client occasionally.
                    Head Live Trainer
                    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
                    Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.