PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Typhoon To The Philippines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Typhoon To The Philippines

I hope all of you living in the Philippines are safe from this massive storm. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone there.

Be Safe!!

Not in to prayer but do wish all well who are in the path of that storm,I know we have a few members from that region so please be safe.

Ron
    "A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Comment

Marvin,Hitman,Rosalyn and everyone else in the PI stay safe and here's hoping all your friends and loved ones are as well. umbup:

Comment

ya...what those guys said......be safe peeps
        Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

We Will be safe here in Main Island. Praying for all in Southern parts.
          Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Killeraxa89 View Post
            I hope all of you living in the Philippines are safe from this massive storm. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone there.

Be Safe!!

Thank you Killeraxa, Moxie, Ron and Effsea..We're safe here in the Northern Part but with heavy rains..
            I'm so sad for those in the Central part..Hit by a strong earthquake recently and then this strong phenomenon..
            Last edited by optimus8778; Fri Nov 08, 2013, 06:56 AM.

Comment

going to be Nasty Cannon is over there and said it should miss him

stay safe all

Brian
              Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TOO2COO View Post
                going to be Nasty Cannon is over there and said it should miss him

stay safe all

Brian
                TY for your kind thought to us all here

Latest is that us with Cannon in Manila area might get some supernasty weather tho.

#typhoonYOLANDA UPDATE: Super typhoon Yolanda breaks scientific intensity scale "According to [JTWC] forecast track, Manila is now expected to be impacted by the northeastern quadrant, the strongest side of the storm," NASA said. MANILA - Metro Manila will be directly affected by the passage of super typhoon Yolanda (international name Haiyan) in the Philippines, the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) warned Thursday night. Citing the Hawaii-based Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC), NASA said in a report on the typhoon that the metropolis won't be spared by the typhoon, even if it is not on its direct path. "According to [JTWC] forecast track, Manila is now expected to be impacted by the northeastern quadrant, the strongest side of the storm," NASA said. Philippine state weather bureau PAGASA raised storm signal number 2 over Metro Manila Friday morning. via abs-cbnnews.com
                Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Some scary-ass images from the PI today,hope everyone and their families are OK. Saw that Roslyn posted in the staking section,so that's good.

Comment

Doing good here. Just some power issues. Hoping to hear from relatives and friends in southern parts
                    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Roslyn_akka View Post
                      Doing good here. Just some power issues. Hoping to hear from relatives and friends in southern parts
                      Good to know, I hope they are ok too.

Heres a video of some brave soul who captured a couple minutes of the typhoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKlwkboM0N4

Comment

Heres a video of some brave soul who captured a couple minutes of the typhoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKlwkboM0N4
                        Holy crap,,,that would make me lern how to pray again real fast
                        "A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Comment

Wow, scary!! Very glad to hear everyone's staying safe!!

PS What's the difference between a typhoon, monsoon, and hurricane? They all have rain and high winds ... are they just created by different weather patterns? Do these happen every year in the Philippines? You ever had hurricane problems down in the Caribbean KA?

Comment

Originally posted by TrustySam View Post

PS What's the difference between a typhoon, monsoon, and hurricane? They all have rain and high winds ... are they just created by different weather patterns? Do these happen every year in the Philippines? You ever had hurricane problems down in the Caribbean KA?
                            We get plenty. Around 19 tropical cyclones or storms enter the Philippine Area Of Responsibility in a typical year and of these usually 6 to 9 make landfall. copied from wikipedia
                            Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TrustySam View Post

They are pretty much the storms but given different names. We in the western hemisphere call it hurricanes and Roslyn in the eastern hemisphere call it typhoon

There's atleast one every year but they don't always hit an island or sometimes it goes straight for the USA instead of my island

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.