PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronze Star

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronze Star

Well, who doesn't have one of those?

What I don't understand is why people display them like they're some kind of badge of accomplishment... like they're some kind of poker force to be reckoned with.

I don't display mine because to me it's just a big tell: that you play a lot of poker but don't win all that much! lol

^that goes double for chrome!

But I don't put much stock in the higher levels either, because, and I may be assuming too much here, but for the most part, I put them on purchased prestige, which doesn't garner all that much respect.

What do you figure?

:?)

Yep,theres lot Bronze Star's here & becuase they cant play for money, USA & I'd say there be Less if things where dif, Should be grateful, i know i am, i can play for $&play$, not like some of us Can u hide ur Star's? i didnt know that All Thee Bestumbup:
    Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Wed Apr 17, 2013, 11:25 PM.
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

yes, I've disabled my star on pokerstars. Can't hide it here though, I guess, 'cause, you know, there onto ya!

;?)

Comment

In general people don't bother to explore every option of software like we do and the stars are on by default.
        Also bet slider options etc. People that haven't played any real money get a white star. I think if I had supernova I'd show it because you have to put through six figures of dollars through the site to get it and surely you're winning at something to have that much disposable cash

Comment

I was intimidated by the stars when I first started playing, but then I realized that whales can be supernovas. They just have to spend lots of money to get there. They indicate volume of dollars played, not skill level.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for your replies, folks!

yeah, joy, that does sort of reinforce my belief on the purchased prestige aspect to it. There's no shortage of poker players with money to throw at the system, but that supernova brand doesn't truly reflect their playing ability, imo. Could be hard to bluff them though, I suppose, because to someone who is rich, what is high stakes to the average player might be peanuts to a millionaire, making every call, for them, a 2-cent call.

Comment

guide to stars for noobs

bronzestar = has no idea how to play and is basically a calling station
              chromestar = has no idea how to play but is so super proud that they made 2 stars that they gotta show em off
              silverstar = ok at poker but just a wannabe goldstar really
              goldstar = likely poker champion, extremely tough to beat, respect at all times
              platinumstar = wannabe pro but actually just a poser, raises light loads, super easy to outplay
              supernova = sucker who all good goldstars bust at any opportunity. thinks they is good but IS JUST SUCKER
              supernova elite = these guys are the true dons of poker, they are the only known players to be able to beat goldstars (sometimes)

good luck and i hope this helps/enrages random people

Comment

Heh, if your looking at their VIP status to find out how good they are, your looking in the wrong place, simply because it's determined by rake, not skill. You could spew thousands of dollars in rake, not make a dime and still hit supernova VIP. where as a bronze star could be a really good player starting out, they just don't have much of a bankroll yet.
                'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.