PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Categorizing players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Categorizing players

How much do you need to see from a player to make a final verdict on what kind of player they are and how you should play against them ?

Another "it depends" question. To get a read on someone you must see them in a variety of situations. . Someone who is active you will get a read on sooner than on a tight player. Someone who consistently plays the same is easier to read than one with a variety of tools. The looser, less skilled players require a fraction of the hands that a tight skilled player does.

Comment

for me the answer is between 1 hand and 1000 hands.

I have seen a player raise from early position, bet the flop turn and stack off on the river with K5 offsuit, having made a pair of kings on the flop.

This player is labeled by me as Loose Aggressive although i have to say I don't expect to come across them for long as I guess they will blow their bankroll soon.

I prefer to have over 50 hands before i make a tentative label something I will review and ajust as I come across them again and again.

When I have over 1000 hands on a player I am fair happier that I can reliably label them.

Grade b
      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

for a preflop tendency 100 hands. for a postflop tendency 500 hands and for tendencies about 3betting at least 1.5k hands. that´s also the volume after which i make a review of the player when making my session reviews. with more than 5k hands of a villain i start to dig really deep. below that limits i stick to notes and experience for the final decision.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.