PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed' s Annual Albatross Shoot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed' s Annual Albatross Shoot

Sunday....

- foregoing the Sunday poker grind - I went on a trip with my best friends, Christabel and Percy Purlock, to Ottery-St-Mary for the annual opening day shoot of the albatross season.

Normally I only shoot grouse up here in Scotland - but the albatross are not bred and raised like grouse, so you can only shoot wild ones, and the season only lasts three week so it is a good challenge.

(Though they are larger and easier to hit than grouse).

To be honest, I am not a great shot, as I am pretty ancient and my eye-sight is not what it was, but I did manage to wing one.

Still - good sport - and there is a saying that shooting an albatross will definitely affect your luck - so I'm hoping my efforts will stand me in good stead at the tables for another year.

Ed
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.