PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why english is hard to learn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why english is hard to learn

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/com...o=manageattach
    Attached Files
    2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

hehe and why is it a bunch of birds are called a flock , but a bunch of crows are called a murder ?
    When fish are in schools they sometimes take debate.

Comment

You get confused!!!!!!!! I'm English and dont understand all of the language.

You wear clothes, but ask someone where they have been.
      If your deaf you cant hear, but ask someone to come over here.
      we sit in our cars, but ask are you ok.
      They watch TV in their house, but walk over there.

And so it goes on, one reminder used for spelling is i before e except after c but when you look at the correctly spelt word their, e is before i.

Confusing, no never.!!!!!!!!

Comment

whats the problem?
        they're pretty clear in their meanings over there
        and it's i before e except after c and unless it sounds like a, as in neighbor and weigh.... it's an ancient rule with no fallacies.. what ?are you foreign or something?
        no confusion here..
        May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

And yet the hmuan biarn can dceihper tnihgs taht are splleed icnrroectly as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteers of the wrods are in the crorcet spot

Comment

Originally posted by mtnestegg View Post
            whats the problem?
            they're pretty clear in their meanings over there
            and it's i before e except after c and unless it sounds like a, as in neighbor and weigh.... it's an ancient rule with no fallacies.. what ?are you foreign or something?
            no confusion here..
            But in the word "their", the ei is sounded with a short e sound, not a long a sound, so it still doesnt fit the rules!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoti <- see that, then always spell the word "fish" like this: ghoti!
            Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JDean View Post
              But in the word "their", the ei is sounded with a short e sound, not a long a sound, so it still doesnt fit the rules!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoti <- see that, then always spell the word "fish" like this: ghoti!
              well maybe this ghoti should just remain ghoti and not ghoti for laughs
              May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Damnit now I have to change title of my blog to "A Ghoti Called Dean"

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.