PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll Have Another..Triple Crown winner???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll Have Another..Triple Crown winner???

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen, and welcome to the thread. I am writing this thread for 1 reason. We are on the brink of being able to watch a major event in horse racing history. "I'll Have Another" is on his way to finishing the triple crown bid, which has only been accomplished by 11 others until now, like 21 others, he has won the first 2 events, the first since 2004, when "Smarty Jones" won the first 2 legs, only to be upset by a 36-1 longshot in "Birdstone" IMO because of a bad call by the jockey, taking him to the lead too early. This year, I don't think "I'll Have Another"'s Jockey Mario Gutierrez will be making this mistake, because this horse enjoys running from off the pace, and the distance calls for it. The longest race in the Triple Crown, Belmont Raceway will definately be buzzing for the next 9 days as talks of the next Triple Crown winner's name is whisperred and compared with the Giants of the industry( Secretariat, War Admiral, Seattle Slew, Citation) Take the time to watch Thoroughbred Racing History, Belmont Stakes. umbup:

This will be interesting for sure

But your off a little Big Brown in 2008 was last to have a shot at it winning both the Derby and Preakness

I hope to see history on June 9th

Best of luck to your Horses
    Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

It has been 34 years since a horse won the U.S Triple Crown (Affirmed in 1978)
      Year Winner
      1919 Sir Barton
      1930 Gallant Fox
      1935 Omaha
      1937 War Admiral
      1941 Whirlaway
      1943 Count Fleet
      1946 Assault
      1948 Citation
      1973 Secretariat
      1977 Seattle Slew
      1978 Affirmed

Comment

My point is, "I'll Have Another" is a horse that can easily handle the extra distance @ The Belmont Stakes. As I posted previously, he's a horse that likes to run off the pace, leaving some gas in the tank for the late charge.

Comment

Ill have another

I think this will be the most viewed horse race in the history of horse racing.
          Cant wait to see what happens to this horse with international connections.
          I'll have another could be renamed ; Ill have another free trade agreement
          AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME
          Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think a triple crown winner would do wonders for the racing industry.
            The horse that has the best shot at beating him will be Dullahan.
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

all i know is that bodemeister won't win. the horse tires himself out well before the end of the race. he should have won the preakness but the jockey couldn't make him go any faster down the final turn because he was pooped!

Comment

A guy I work with put $50 on him last second at 13-1 or something he made $800
                Last edited by Deanihilator; Thu May 24, 2012, 10:18 PM. Reason: typo
                When fish are in schools they sometimes take debate.

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
                  I think a triple crown winner would do wonders for the racing industry.
                  The horse that has the best shot at beating him will be Dullahan.

There's the Exacta picked for you all, and if I had to pick a third for the trifecta, it would be Union Rags. Union Rags didn't break well from the gate in the Kentucky Derby, and will be taking on a big part of the betting Favorite as Bodemeister will be skipping the Belmont

Comment

Union Rags will NEVER get 1 1/2 miles. The third horse in there is Alpha (bred to love the extra distance)
                    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Sorry JWK, but DRF, the Daily Racing Form has Union Rags @ 8-1, while Alpha is @ 15-1, and quite honestly, I think Street Life at 15-1 will beat Alpha. Street Life finished 3rd in the Peter Pan Stakes, with a huge gain in the last 1/4 of a mile. Think I'm going to take a 4 horse box for the trifecta> I'll Have Another>Dullahan>Union Rags>Street Life>. Thinking of taking an upset horse for a $5 win ticket> Street Life umbup: This is another horse that likes to come from the back end, off the pace.

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.