PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rip carroll shelby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip carroll shelby

An American Muscle/Sportscar Legend, Carrol Shelby Created the Muscle Car known as "The Shelby Cobras". Starting with the "AC Cobra" aka "Shelby Cobras"or just plain "Shelby". By taking AC Motors racing cars and americanizing them with Ford Engines.

He was also instrumental in bringing the Mustang base Shelby GT series of cars, and the oh ho ho ho ho(my best Tim Allen) "427 Shelby Cobra". Shelby had his hands in with Ford until the very end, being the technical advisor to Ford since 2003 when they mended old issues, and built a new relationship.

He will be missed by the whole racing /muscle car world.

Legend he definitely was!

All Shelby's were beautiful cars imo.....

Sad to hear the news.....

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Comment

He went into making cars after a heart condition ended his racing career. Besides his well known projects he also has the "Shelby" motor company (I really like the series 1 in convertible) and he worked with Chrysler during the 80's to 90's and helped design the Dodge Viper. evil:
      Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.