PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Important

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Important

I had a serious wake up call yesterday - my husband suffered a heart attack and needed surgery. It made me stop and think about what matters in my life.

Much as I love poker, my family will always come first. I had no problem sitting out that tourney that I was doing so well in, I dropped everything as soon as he had a problem. I might not be around much for a while, just wanted to let everyone know the situation.

The prognosis is good, no need for too much worry, but at the end of the day, poker is a pretty trivial thing when it comes to life and death situations. Treasure your loved ones, they are the most important in your life.

Joy
    Bracelet Winner

Glad to hear he's doing well, joy. Definitely do treasure the ones you love; poker can be a hobby and a source of income, but it can't replace the people who make our lives so special.

Comment

Life tends to grab us hard every now and then. Hope hubby is on the mend, and you're soon back to the poker wars. umbup:
      3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Glad to hear the prognosis is good Joy. Keep that man healthy and hale and we'll see you when it's the right time for you.

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news, but it's great that to hear they are taking care of the issue,

He must be a good guy to have a great lady like yourself.

All my best thoughts going out to you and your husband,

cheers girl
          Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Joy, We'll b waiting 4 u to return... umbup: Until then... I'll just keep flashin back to AQ vs QJ...
            5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hope he'll be good to go soon joy. Games aren't important. People are important. All the best to you and yours! MT
              May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Be strong Joy! wishing your husband a speedy recovery

Comment

Yes indeed Joy.
                  Very glad to hear everything has a good outlook.
                  All the best to you, him, and the family, as you're in our thoughts this week.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this Joy, Yes, family first no matter what, I couldn't agree more. Wishing your husband a very speedy recovery. Thoughts are with you guys! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Glad to hear the prognosis is good Joy. Best wishes to your family.

Comment

Good to here the Prognosis is positive Joy.

Our thoughts and best wishes with you and your family.

Grade b
                        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

good to hear it's going to be ok .Joy take the time thats needed and we will see you when you feel everything is ok.
                          the best to you and yours.
                          Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Joy,

So sorry to hear that your hubby was taken ill but happy to hear that he will be well again soon.

As you say poker and a lot of other trivial things in life are not as important as family and health.

Cheers,

TC

Comment

Hi Joy!

Sorry to hear this and hope that it will all be worked out.

It sounds to me like you DO have your priorities straight. Be sure to always to keep them that way. Poker's a great game, a profession for some and a great way to meet a bunch of great people... but.... family, espeically a husband, wife or children need to come first.

Hope that he'll be back at things again soon and hope to see you at the tables again soon too.

John (JWK24)
                              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.