PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been off a little while...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been off a little while...

...so I just wanted to say hello. This move to DC has been very trying on the family. It is finally over except for some unpacking still left. We've unfortunately had Murphy and his law shadowing us much of the way. But we're here and have heat. It just started snowing today and left a nice blanket on the ground. We had our internet hooked up today and I've genuinely missed all of you and this place. Please give me just a little time to respond to pm's and anything else I need to. Thank you all for your kind words of support and well wishes. umbup: Dano

WELCOME back Dan umbup:umbup:

Comment

Wishing you and your family the very best with the new move! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Nice to see you back!! umbup:umbup:umbup:
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

glad your back Dano!

Comment

Let me know when you, me and McCriss are going to have a Beer together man. Why hell Moxie might even make a 2 hour trip for that!!! Hopefully we can and in Northern Virginia too because those D.C. and Maryland cops don't care for the way our tags look or something. evil:
            Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

Thank you very much everyone.
              Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
              Let me know when you, me and McCriss are going to have a Beer together man. Why hell Moxie might even make a 2 hour trip for that!!! Hopefully we can and in Northern Virginia too because those D.C. and Maryland cops don't care for the way our tags look or something. evil:
              No doubt J. I'm in Alexandria, in an area I believe they call Kingstown.

Comment

Welcome back Dano

Comment

Welcome back, Dan. Moving is always hell, but hope you get settled in nicely.

Would love to go out for the beer, but I'm back out in Ohio for a bit(much longer than I wanted to be.) Next time I'm back east, I'm going all the way to Ocean City. And I'm not leaving. Unless it's to go to AC.

If you're going to be taking Metro anywhere, Dan, I suggest you follow @unsuckdcmetro on the Twitter machine. And then I suggest you DO NOT take Metro.

If you like music, you're going to want to check out the 9:30 Club. It's voted best club of the year almost every year for a reason. Merriweather Post Pavilion is also nice once again, since it was taken over by the 9:30 Club folks... Jiffy Lube Live, should be avoided at all costs.

Comment

Good to read this,was about to post a wheres Dan post and burn the forum down.
                    I will put down the matches and hope your move doesnt turn into a EricnNancy move
                    As in disappear which I feared had happened.

Hope the family adjusts a little more smoothly for you,best wishes Dan

Comment

LOL Sorry Dan I've been here so little I didn't know you weren't

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Originally posted by !!!111Dan View Post
                        ...so I just wanted to say hello. This move to DC has been very trying on the family. It is finally over except for some unpacking still left. We've unfortunately had Murphy and his law shadowing us much of the way. But we're here and have heat. It just started snowing today and left a nice blanket on the ground. We had our internet hooked up today and I've genuinely missed all of you and this place. Please give me just a little time to respond to pm's and anything else I need to. Thank you all for your kind words of support and well wishes. umbup: Dano
                        Glad to see you got settled in OK,Dano. Good to see you back man.

Comment

Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
                          I was gonna say the same thing about my Maryland tags in Virginia.
                          Originally posted by mcrissinger View Post
                          Welcome back, Dan. Moving is always hell, but hope you get settled in nicely. Would love to go out for the beer, but I'm back out in Ohio for a bit(much longer than I wanted to be.) Next time I'm back east, I'm going all the way to Ocean City. And I'm not leaving. Unless it's to go to AC. If you're going to be taking Metro anywhere, Dan, I suggest you follow @unsuckdcmetro on the Twitter machine. And then I suggest you DO NOT take Metro. If you like music, you're going to want to check out the 9:30 Club. It's voted best club of the year almost every year for a reason. Merriweather Post Pavilion is also nice once again, since it was taken over by the 9:30 Club folks... Jiffy Lube Live, should be avoided at all costs.
                          The "new" 9:30 club in the old WUST radio building is nicer I guess,but the old 9:30 on F Street (formerly the Atlantis Club) was just a special,special place. Saw Fugazi there more times than I can count,Black Flag (Henry Rollins first band...) there a few times as well. Plus X on the Wild Gift Tour (John Doe,nee Duchac is actually from the same neighborhood I grew up in,3 blocks apart,went to the same grade and junior high schools,though 10 years apart...). And Adrian Belew and the Bears,The Sugarcubes (Bjork's original band y'all...),The BoDeans,The Minutemen (RIP D.Boon),Marti Jones and Don Dixon,the Screaming Blue Messiahs,Husker Du and even some scruffy up and comers called R.E.M. in 1982. Wonder what ever happened to those guys. And yes,the 9:30 management team taking over the Post can only lead to good things (especially if they whack the Columbia HOA umbup.
                          Originally posted by hemetdennis View Post
                          LOL Sorry Dan I've been here so little I didn't know you weren't
                          So Monty Donk-a-thon and the Quest for the Holy Caps Lock Button was unfruitful?

Comment

How i stop by every couple of weeks or so. My kings did kick the Cap's butt tonight umbup: umbup: umbup:
                            sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Welcome back dan! And welcome to cold country not this yr yet but you wait..
                              May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.