PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P

Is pokerstars reliable?
    I have found myself MANY times lately winning one hand until the river comes and the other person wins (all in done in the turn)
    It's like I put 10€ in my account play against people that have a draw that always comes true, I bet on my draws and they don't become a winning hand.
    ​​​​​​

fuchzal

It absolutely is.. the more hands you get, the more the numbers go straight to where the averages say they will. I have hundreds of thousands of hands on both PS and other sites (can't currently play on PS since I'm in the US)… the numbers go right to where they say they should.

Anything can happen in the short-term, plus normally our memory only remembers the ones that go against us. Another thing that can be playing into it is that if you misplay hands (especially slowplaying), you can turn the best hand into one that expects to lose chips... and longterm, you will do so if that's the case.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

fuchzal
      Yes it is. The older members of this site can tell you that we have had that conversation on here many times. This is why the number 2 rule of poker is to play within your bankroll, because the one outer is a 2% chance which means on average will happen once every 50 hands.

Grade b
      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.