PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wondering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wondering

Hi, I'm just wondering... I've been playing poker a while now and the same pattern occurs almost every time I play. If I play small buy in games and tourneys say 1.50 SNGs or tourneys that are free rolls or under $2 then I seem to do pretty well. On average with these games I do a whole lot better percentage wise than other games. When I play games on a larger scale buy in I seem to do terrible. The reason not being always that I play bad or that the other players are better. Sure this sometimes happens, but on several hands I play I should win almost every time, statistically, but I almost every time end up losing the hand. Sometimes I could be with an AA and somebody calls with 1010 and the on the flop 10 10 7 or the like appears. This isn't a one off, it happens almost every game something to this liking. It's frustrating. It's been many many games now and always the same pattern. Good wins on small buy in games, un fair loses on large buy in games. Is this done on purpose or am I just extremely unlucky? Just asking. umbup:

Well, AA loses to TT about 20% of the time... which is not an insignificant %. Many hands are 60-40's preflop or 70/30's too.. so they will lose that given % of the time in the long run.
    This is irrelevant of the buy-in.

What I need to look at are my bet sizes, table dynamics, etc and to make sure that I'm making the best decisions possible and to not be making mistakes in these too, which can compound and result in a higher losing %.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good luck at the tables from Canada

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.