PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overwhelmed New Guy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwhelmed New Guy

Just want to say HI and thanks for all the great FREE CLASSES. It is overwhelming how much info is available and I would APPRECIATE any advice on how to make sure that I am not missing out on any special classes or promos. I have been burned in the past on other sites and am still gun shy on sending any of my hard earned money to any site, so I am trying to follow all your procedures to have an opportunity to win even a dollar and actually have it sent to me. One last thing the other day I was playing in a sit and go and had to leave in the middle of the game and didn´t know how to do this so that for the rest of the game everytime it was my call the clock would run and everyone would have to wait. I felt terrible for wasting everyones time and do not want to do it again if something comes up in the future. THANKS for everything and sorry if I rambled on but as I stated I AM STILL GUN SHY. HOPE this is the REAL DEAL. Good Luck to everyone from billnmex.

Hi billnmex, Welcome to PSO! It can be quite easy to get overwhelmed with having loads of info thrown at you all at once but just remember, we're not going anywhere so take your time to digest it all. As for not wanting to miss out on any promos I'd say just take a look the Promotions tab for anything you may be eligible for and always be sure to check the News section in the forum for lots of info on new and exciting promotions from PSO and PokerStars. As for having to leave during a game, don't sweat it, happens all the time. If you do this in a Sit and Go or MTT once your timebank runs down after the first hand you do not play you will be automatically sat out. This means when the action gets to you your cards are instantly folded and no time gets wasted. Then if you do manage to make it back all you need to do is click the "I'm back" button to be sat back in, simple! If you have any question don't hesitate to ask umbup: Cheers, Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Bill, there is a feature on PSO that reminds you of all upcoming classes. If you join the Twitter feed you also get reminders.

Don't worry if you miss a class. Most are recorded and posted a few days later. There's enough info on here to keep you occupied for a year. It's always better being a participant, you can glean so much info by asking questions and answering even you're wrong.

Welcome, I'm sure your game will improve no end.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.