PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all

New here to poker stars and have spent some time getting used to the forum, lessons, and playing a few hands of poker. Great stuff so far and thanks for all the hard work everyone puts in.

Newbe question

Have been playing in a couple free roll tourneys and have noticed that the 1st 45 mins of every tourney is a bunch of all ins on q9, my fav so far was 72.........so does this happen in the cash games or tourneys as well? I'm here to have fun, play some poker and learn and sitting there watching people get lucky instead of playing poker is not any of those. I was hoping to play the skill game poker is not may the lucky person win.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Grant

Hello GrantI74,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

The simple answer to your question is it does happen from time to time but a lot less frequently. In the long run (and very often in the short) it's a very bad strategy for those players so if I were you I'd welcome such plays. Sure it can be quite tilting when they bink and get lucky but the important thing to remember is if you made the right decision then over time you'll be a winning player.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Cheers,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Welcome to PSO Grant, great to see you here! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

I agree that in the long run smart plays will win, the 72 (all in preflop) to my AA and 72q came out on the flop was a hard one to take , I know it happens but it is frustrating.

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions

Grant

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.