PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly counts as a "Ring Game"..?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly counts as a "Ring Game"..?

Not new to poker or 'Stars at all, just wondered exactly what counts as a ring game. Got an email with these Jan daily challenges and said today I could earn 1 VPP in any Ring Game to qualify.

Not really bothered about daily challenges etc, just tweaked my curiosity as to what a ring game is exactly, it's a term I have known for years and years, but all I play if NLH trns, SNG's and sometimes cash, so never needed to know, but now it's bugging me.

First post on the forums, didn't really give them much thought before either, seems like there is some cool stuff on here though.

Cheers all.

Ring games are cash games.

Comment

Hello Gen.gambit,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

As mentioned ring games is just another term for cash games.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Cheers,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

I heard once from a long time poker pro that cash games were called ring games because when a tournament was in town the cash tables were set up around the tournament tables, hence the 'ring', so the bust outs could quickly find another game.

But that may just be a made up story.

Comment

PSO etc

I've done most of the PSO courses etc, been playing on stars for several years, that bit of lingo was just buggin me. Thanks guys.

Comment

btw it's called a ring game because every time you lose a real money buyin your ring tightens a bit

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.