PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTT late stages AQ spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTT late stages AQ spot

Hi guys,
    Playing the 2.70 knockout lat nite and come across this tricky spot which I'm guessing I played bad!
    Late stages less that 100 runners left
    Me UTG +1 7bb 140,000
    Raise to 44,000
    MP 1 flatted
    BTN all in for 170,000

I call, MP1 calls
    Me AQ
    MP 10 10
    BTN A K

We all have similar stack sizes so I know I should have open shoved but after making the mistake of not doing this I guess folding would be best after this action.
    What do u guys think??

Cheers therake1991

and blinds are.. ?

Comment

Hi therake1991! It's better if you use the hand replayer and post in the HA forums, as that's where you'll get the best feedback, as with the replayer, there will be more info for us to look at. In general, in an MTT, if I've got less than 10BB, I'm looking for a spot to shove, as I don't have enough chips to ever raise then fold. Due to this, I'm open-shoving with 7BB and AQ. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) P.S. Here is a link on how to use the hand replayer.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I guess blinds were about 10k/20k, Yeah obviously open shove, because when you do that mini-raise you always commit yourself to call, and at best you are flipping

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.