PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

hi everyone, just wanted to know what people think, i've heard there are more badbeats in freerolls because of bad software, is this true or does it seem there is more badbeats because there are more people in each pot on freerolls?

Hello and welcome to the forum. If you search, you'll find lots of info on odds.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Welcome

Hi the dread777. Welcome to the forum. Here is an overview of the site to help you find your way around.

More players going to showdown does increase the chances of a bad beat happening. In a freeroll there are lots of marginal hands taken to showdown, thus more bad beats. You can use the odds calculator to find out what the odds of any hand winning the pot against any combination of hands.

Good luck
      Doug
      3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by bearxing View Post
        Hi the dread777. Welcome to the forum. Here is an overview of the site to help you find your way around.

More players going to showdown does increase the chances of a bad beat happening. In a freeroll there are lots of marginal hands taken to showdown, thus more bad beats.

Good luck
        Doug

Hi and welcome, Yes as Doug said, when playing Freerolls people will go in with any 2 cards. the reason is because it's free, they didn't have to pay money to get into the tournament, although I still get peed off, because I go in with the better hand ect and they win, someone said to me " A fish will get more chips in his life time than the average poker player, but the average poker player will get more money than the fish " These are true words, just use these freerolls as a starting ground on how to play poker, and to get used to the game, I'm still learning, and I'm still doing the FPP Broze Tourny's

These are good to try and build your bankroll. I hope this helps, you and good luck at the tables!

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.