PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Guy Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Here

Hi everyone my name is Tom and I've been playing poker for just over a year now. I recently discovered poker school online and I'm reading through everybit of info availible. My game is SNG mainly because I haven't played that many MTT's buty I'm hoping that will change Any way I just thought I'd say hiumbup: Good Luck and See You At The Tables! Tom

Welcome welcome Tom!

Happy to have you here (I'm a SNG player, too). I'm sure you'll learn lots while you're here. There's some great stuff in this forum; I suppose I'll be helpful and post some links.

If you're looking for great 9-man SNG resources available to you, my favourite ones are:

the SNG Course- http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...rnament-Course

these archived videos- http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...eos-Spacegravy

and the Hand Analysis forum- http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-Hand-Analysis

If you're a fan of multi-table SNG's, then we have some other great options like some of the archived Live Training videos and some of the upcoming Live Training classes. We also have two promotions rewarding SNG players, Cowboy's Challenge, and the SNG Quiz Promotion:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...s-Challenge%21
    http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...Quiz-Promotion

Anyway, hope that helps you make some money. See you around the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Brookes18 View Post
      Hi everyone my name is Tom and I've been playing poker for just over a year now. I recently discovered poker school online and I'm reading through everybit of info availible. My game is SNG mainly because I haven't played that many MTT's buty I'm hoping that will change Any way I just thought I'd say hiumbup: Good Luck and See You At The Tables! Tom
      Hi Brookes,welcome aboard. Glad to see the chute opened!!!! umbup: I'm guessing that when you say SNG's you mainly mean single table ones---6 to 10 players? If this is the case (even if it's NOT the case for that matter) then do yourself a big favor and before you load another game go to the video library and watch 'spacegravy"--Grayson Physioc's---series on STT SNG's. Take in even half of the info he's giving away there and you're going to be way ahead of most of the players you'll see on the tables at the micro levels. Good luck and better decisions. umbup:

Comment

Any way I just thought I'd say hiumbup: Good Luck and See You At The Tables! Tom
        Hi Brookes, Great to see you here! Be sure to check out the links that Panicky provided and also the Spacegravy videos that Moxie reccomended. You'll find them a great help to your game. I look forward to reading your posts and good luck at the tables. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Brooke's I am the local mad man, some of my posts may be insane but through them we get lots of advice , the poker school is the business mate,its quality I have gone from a three year down slope to needing a ladder to climb back up it.
          Watch the vids mate, use the live training sessions, ask questions even if you get some funny answer ,do not worry. All the mods do there jobs great, and are really helpfully.
          good luck look forward to reading your posts.

Comment

Hi! Tom, Welcome to the forum and PSO. Indeed there are tons of resources here to help you improve your game e.g. video archive and hand analysis section in the forum. I have been using PSO since October last year and my game has improved a lot since then. I find hand analysis section really beneficial as you can post your hands where you feel that you did not play the hand in optimal way and you can get a lot of positive feed back from hand analysers/members which enables to you to improve your play in similar situations in the future. Also live training is very useful where you get to interact with experienced poker trainers/players, there are several classes each week on various topics from cash games to SNG's to MTT's etc. Good luck. Cheers.
            Last edited by deadeyz; Mon Feb 20, 2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.
              I've been watching the videos everyone has mentioned and I think I've already started to learn things!

Thanks
              Brookes18
              Last edited by Brookes18; Mon Feb 20, 2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.