PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello - New to PSO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - New to PSO

Hello PSO Community,

My name's Michael, and I work with the PokerStars Game Security Team to enforce the rules of the game. I'm excited about joining the PSO community more actively to provide assistance and support on queries that you might have about the rules of the game at PokerStars.

Sincerely,

Michael J
    PokerStars Game Security Team

Howdy and welcome to PSO. You're prolly gonna be busy once people find out you're here.

Dan, I'm doing your job for you again...

Comment

Hi - & welcome -

rather unfortunately it is exactly what we need at the moment - someone to enforce the rules a bit more stringently - probably several thousand threads you need to read through in here to start with. I'm sure you will be kept busy.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

LOL WHERES MONK NOW

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Originally posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
          Hi - & welcome -

rather unfortunately it is exactly what we need at the moment - someone to enforce the rules a bit more stringently - probably several thousand threads you need to read through in here to start with. I'm sure you will be kept busy.

Good luck

The rules of the forum have always been Enforced, as for the things that people post that fall under the Poker Stars Software (in game play and such) ya need to send emails in to support@pokerstars.com
          Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

BTW Welcome to PSO Michael
            Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TOO2COO View Post
              The rules of the forum have always been Enforced, as for the things that people post that fall under the Poker Stars Software (in game play and such) ya need to send emails in to support@pokerstars.com
              Isnt that what Michael is here for? to assist in peoples complaints about the poker room? That is what I got from Edins post, suggesting he read the many threads about collusion cheating etc

Comment

Am I missing something TOO2COO?

I thought Michael said he was enforcing the rules of the game, for Pokerstars Game Security -(presumably with input from the forums), not policing the forum rules per se. So what exactly is his role - perhaps a little more clarification is required.

And I always do report suspicious stuff direct to pokerstars support and never have instigated anything posted here regarding suspected cheating etc, though I have felt moved to add my comments to some of the recent stuff, (where you will note I also said we regular forum users should not consider ourselves to be judge and jury but inform PS direct).

Regards

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi,

To clarify, I work to enforce the rules of our games in the poker card room, not your forum posts.

If you do believe that someone has broken the rules somehow in the game, then please do email support@pokerstars.com in the first instance. Hopefully if people have more generic questions I may be able to assist here.

Comment

Hi Michael and welcome to the community. Very glad to have you here.

This group has discussed rules and etiquette at the tables extensively, so to see after a day off that you haven't gotten a lot of "thanks for being here" is a bit of surprise. May be a bit early though.

We're glad to have ya'. If you have any questions, let us know.
                    Dan

Originally posted by mcrissinger View Post
                    Howdy and welcome to PSO. You're prolly gonna be busy once people find out you're here.

Dan, I'm doing your job for you again...
                    Early Sundays and late Mondays are a bit sketchy criss.
                    Gotta go out and exercise this ol' body a bit and feel
                    young playin' softball while I still can.

Comment

Hello and a warm welcome to you Michael.

Comment

Gidee Up! Michael!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Micheal.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

I hope this starts some changes to PSO and how Stars and PSO communicate.

I think the issue of so much new players means you should be coming down harder on repeat offenders. As a player I often feel like I am wasting my time reporting things I see,due to the cut and paste responses that I receive.
                            As we speak I have two players talking about chopping the blinds and asking me to agree since every one else is sitting out, I have sat out since I am near the bubble.
                            Will I report no,because I will be told that they did not know the rules and its a old game.

Could you talk PSO into implementing a rules test so that when players break the rules they can not plead ingorance?

Comment

Originally posted by !!!111Dan View Post
                              Early Sundays and late Mondays are a bit sketchy criss.
                              Gotta go out and exercise this ol' body a bit and feel
                              young playin' softball while I still can.
                              I really want to join a softball league. Well, crap. A bit late in the season for that. Hell, I can skate, maybe a hockey league. Ooooh. Hope that doesn't cost to much. I'm about to be checkin' biznitches all up against the boards.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.