PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi everybody

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi everybody

im pretty new here but i have been lurking a little bit.
    i have a newbie question to ask.
    Why does a little silver star sometimes appear at the top of my seat marker?

I was also wondering why we who live in the united states cant play online poker and everybody else can? just wondering now how free we really are.

thanks

that star means that you have won $$ or tickets from a freeroll (.net) but not playing on the money server (.com).
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Silver Star above avatar means you are a play money player and have logged in via pokerstars.NET

Comment

Originally posted by shankpotomus View Post

I was also wondering why we who live in the united states cant play online poker and everybody else can? just wondering now how free we really are.

thanks

Check out the sticky threads in the general forum. Short answer, the Department of Justice has accused PokerStars of money laundrying. On Friday, April 15, they seized the site and had all US accounts frozen. Since then, PokerStars has negotiated with the DOJ and the funds are now unfrozen. However, US citizens can only participate in play money games.

A law passed in 2006 made it illegal for financial institutes to pass money to online gaming sites. That is why the only means available was Western Union. If you check news sites, they explain the charges a lot better.

Bottom line, American players cannot participate in the PSO, any freeroll game offerring a prize, or any money game. So avail yourself of the training videos and practice on the play money games; it's your only option.

Comment

Hi i have only been in this league a little while now, how do i see where am on the leader board, i put my user name in but it does not find me can you help thank you william claridge user BillyClaridg

Comment

Originally posted by BillyClaridg View Post
            Hi i have only been in this league a little while now, how do i see where am on the leader board, i put my user name in but it does not find me can you help thank you william claridge user BillyClaridg
            The leader board has not been updated since 16 April. Guess they don't know what to do with the US players.

Hang tight

Comment

thanks

okay....for example the star may or may not come and go with in one play money sit n go session?

i was wondering what the difference between the .com and .net was. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BillyClaridg View Post
                Take a look at your profile

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.