PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this place is a trip!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • this place is a trip!

    There's a certain irony in posting one day about being afraid of what other members would say, being told, yeah, post, by members, and then I make another post today, and it gets deleted and I get a warning from the Mods.

    Wow.

    I guess "seagull" has become a bad word around these parts. Message received.

    Anybody interested in what he's up to, PM me. I'll give you my email address.

    Does this mean I'm one of the gang now?

    Or am I in big trouble and I should fade back into lurkdom?

    Enquiring minds want to know...

  • #2
    seagull has to redeem himself
    if he can come back with a clean slate and not let the negative vibes get to him he'll be fine

    as far as your post
    seagull had the same type of post removed
    he knew better than to get you involved but he did anyways
    but considering you are a part of his u-tube persona i would assume that you also knew what you were getting into if not that's fine

    you need to be you while here and not an extention of seagull's agenda
    if you can do this than your time here should be an enjoyable one

    we really aren't as bad as we have been made out to be
    after time you will be able to see this for yourself

    good luck at the tables
    Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
      you need to be you while here and not an extension of seagull's agenda
      if you can do this than your time here should be an enjoyable one
      +1.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

      4 Time Bracelet Winner



      Comment


      • #4
        According to the Urban Dictionary, A naive person is someone with a childish/innocent view of the world. The opposite of a cynic, really.

        That would be me... guess who's the cynic?

        As I said, somewhere in these forums, he hasn't clued me in to everything that's happened to him here. I honestly didn't know any better than to post his episode links... I'm having fun watching them... but then, I know him, you guys don't. Not really. If you can get past the BS and blustering to listen to what he's saying, he IS pretty funny when he wants to be. Insightful, too.

        Don't forget, in 7 years, I've heard a lot of his material before... it's just been recently that he's been able to start videoing himself, or I'm sure his youtube video collection would be a LOT bigger than it is now.

        Remember the Osbournes tv show on MTV? Wayne's World? Heck, even iCarly? Reality shows that aren't... I'll leave it to you to figure out why I brought that up.

        Got another Urban D definition for ya...

        Pariah

        A social outcast, one who doesn't fit in with the morals of society. Derived from the caste sytem, in which it was the lowest one could be.

        an individual who is socially outcaste from the mainstream, or one who feels as though he is.

        a peerless, shunned, or lonely human being.


        The question is, now, do any of these definitions belong to me, him, or both of us?

        This "guilt by association" thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

        Anyway, thanks for the replies... I'll be around.

        Wyldcat2011

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wyldcat2011 View Post
          This "guilt by association" thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

          Anyway, thanks for the replies... I'll be around.

          Wyldcat2011
          I would say that ANYONE who has replied to a seagull post is as apt to get the 'guilt by association' moniker, so I think if you are smart enough to not be with him, you are smart enough not to use his self-victimization ploy. Your employing that may belie your true intentions--

          I'm just saying...
          Last edited by tazz864; Sat Feb 26, 2011, 12:48 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tazz864 View Post
            I would say that ANYONE who has replied to a seagull post is as apt to get the 'guilt by association' moniker, so I think if you are smart enough to not be with him, you are smart enough not to use his self-victimization ploy. Your employing that may belie your true intentions--

            I'm just saying...

            Heya Tazz!

            My true intention for being a PSO member is to learn to be a better poker player. Check my score, I'm currently fleshing out the way low bottom ranks of the ladder.

            I am pretty smart (for a girl, HE would say ) but I'm not exactly sure what you meant to say here... try again, please?

            I don't see where "self-victimization" comes in... I said he asked me to post those links... I agreed because I thought they were cool episodes... maybe he victimized me, because I'll be honest and admit I hadn't read all the forum posting rules (I have now, and won't make that mistake again, posting links to questionable content)... where was I using self-victimization in what I wrote either yesterday or today?

            I pride myself on being a decent writer, so, if I wrote something that could be read in ways I didn't intend, maybe I need to re-think my approach, eh?

            I've been replied to by a long-timer (tazz)... I feel special!

            Happy weekend!
            Wyldcat2011

            Comment


            • #7
              If People Can`t See What Seagull_2005 Is About,They Should Give Themselves A Shake. The Bully Brigade Have There Victim (seagull) And Like The Last Victim(Acekingpros) They Won`t Be Happy Until They Get Seagull To Quit Or Be Banned Permanantly. Seagull_2005 When He First Started Contributing To The Forum Made Some Excellent And Funny Posts,Because He Was More Popular Than The Bully Brigade,They Decided That He Had To Go,So They Hijacked His Threads And Provoked Him And Baited Him Until Itchy And Scratchy Threw There Weight Around And Banned Him.I Have Watched His Videos On YouTube And Find Them Quite Funny And Not At All Offensive. Some People In These Forums Don`t Like It When Someone Becomes More Popular Than Them And That Is Why Some Of The Newbies Dont Contribute To The Forums. I Know This Because When Im Sitting At A Table During A PSO Tourney, I Always Champion The PSO And Tell People To Come To The Forums To Find Out About Different Events Etc Etc, And The Replies I See Are Always The Same. " We Dont |Go To The Forums Because We Won`t Fit In With The "Clique" I Have Been Banned Several Times From The Forums Because Of The Things I Say And My Scores Have Improved Every Time,Maybe I Will Tone Down My Forum Visits Until They Get Some New Mods Who Are Non Biased And Fair,I Get It/Got It With Seagull_2005 And Look Forward To Watching More Videos On His Youtube Channel, And I Think He Should Make Characters Up From The PSO, Give Us An Insight On What He Thinks These People Are Like In Real Life, Good Luck To You And Seagull.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
                seagull has to redeem himself
                if he can come back with a clean slate and not let the negative vibes get to him he'll be fine

                as far as your post
                seagull had the same type of post removed
                he knew better than to get you involved but he did anyways
                but considering you are a part of his u-tube persona i would assume that you also knew what you were getting into if not that's fine

                you need to be you while here and not an extention of seagull's agenda
                if you can do this than your time here should be an enjoyable one

                we really aren't as bad as we have been made out to be
                after time you will be able to see this for yourself

                good luck at the tables

                Let me say this. At some point the better "man" has to stand up. Just throwing crap at anyone's posts is just plain stupid. It only flames the other person over and over. If you back a man into a corner. Do you expect him to do anything but come out swinging? I don't care what you think of anyone, nor should they. However, if you consistantly called me names or spoke of my ignorance over and over. We would have problems. I solve problems. It's what I do. This is all part of what makes forums fun for most. Everyone could and should be more respectful of one's thoughts. You don't have to like them as they may not be yours. Doesn't make anyone a bad person. Just different.................

                Consider That!
                JT

                Comment


                • #9
                  I know who his new nemisis is... That pirateisgay person is................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............
















                  HIPHOPLIVES

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wyldcat2011 View Post
                    Heya Tazz!

                    My true intention for being a PSO member is to learn to be a better poker player. Check my score, I'm currently fleshing out the way low bottom ranks of the ladder.

                    I am pretty smart (for a girl, HE would say ) but I'm not exactly sure what you meant to say here... try again, please?

                    I don't see where "self-victimization" comes in...appy weekend!
                    Wyldcat2011
                    I apologize. And I believe you ARE a smart person (the fact that you said you didn't get it, instead of misinterpreting what I wrote, tells me that...) The 'self-victimization' which I was referring to has nothing to do with your PSO score, PSO ranking, PSO ANYTHING. Thinking that one is being picked on, or victimized, or deemed 'guilty by association' because one associated with seagull is that to which I was referring, and is something that can be applied to ANYONE who has responded to one of his posts.
                    Oh, for the record, 8-months in PSO does not a long-timer make.

                    Im just sayin

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wyldcat2011 View Post
                      If you can get past the BS and blustering to listen to what he's saying, he IS pretty funny when he wants to be. Insightful, too.

                      Don't forget, in 7 years, I've heard a lot of his material before...
                      Originally posted by tazz864 View Post
                      I apologize. And I believe you ARE a smart person
                      After re-reading the part where you think he is funny and insightful... after 7 years, no less... I may have to re-examine my statement vis-a-vis your intelligence...

                      I'm just sayin...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JT_Sooooted View Post
                        Let me say this. At some point the better "man" has to stand up. Just throwing crap at anyone's posts is just plain stupid. It only flames the other person over and over. If you back a man into a corner. Do you expect him to do anything but come out swinging? I don't care what you think of anyone, nor should they. However, if you consistantly called me names or spoke of my ignorance over and over. We would have problems. I solve problems. It's what I do. This is all part of what makes forums fun for most. Everyone could and should be more respectful of one's thoughts. You don't have to like them as they may not be yours. Doesn't make anyone a bad person. Just different.................

                        Consider That!
                        JT
                        it should be known that i have only made 2 negative responses to gull from day one
                        1 is when he came here recently and rose tinted his version of what had happenned while being railed
                        as many of you know if we are not registered we can't talk so i was a silent observer

                        2 is when he made a negative blog that has since been deleted where he insulted all members of the forum equaly

                        besides these two instances i had been positive and suportive with him for i too liked his posts
                        lately though i have been guilty by assosiation for witnessing HD rail him because i have found i would rather have a truth than a he said he said and she said version

                        if he wants to brand me for that that is fine but i have not attacked him nor do i intend to
                        i have also watched the videos
                        these are poor attempts at humor for best
                        i find them sad to watch and would perfer not to any more
                        the only laughter that comes from them is the guilty kind sort of laughing at someone falling down the steps
                        just sad really
                        Last edited by joker41673; Sat Feb 26, 2011, 06:12 PM.
                        Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So far, my favorite moment of this saga is the 14:15 mark of episode five.

                          Very nice!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It may simply be that seagull is trying make a name for himself by being antagonistic. But in order to do that in this venue you should have the chops poker-wise if not humor-wise.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Grabs popcorn...This is BETTER than "The Real Housewives of Atlanta"...Hot Damn, Who needs cable and their high bills..! I will refer to this as "The Real Househubbys of The PSO" from here on out! I will be patiently awaiting the next episode...Do I smell a Peoples Choice Award in the making..Pokerstars has a gem on their hands and didn't even know it!..Now THATS entertainment!.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.