PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Member of the MONTH Queries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member of the MONTH Queries

I see we have a new promotion for 2012 - 'Member of the Month'

1) Does this replace Member of the Week or is it additional.

2) Are former MOTW winners from 2011 now able to apply for the new 2012 MOTM Promo?

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Tue Jan 03, 2012, 08:19 PM.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Hi Ed,

Brian has already posted an update here

Cheers,

TC
    Last edited by topthecat; Wed Jan 04, 2012, 11:39 PM.

Comment

yes they have,

1 - monthly member, no longler weekly

2 - $150 in free tickets for a month now, not a week

Looks like some savings there to me...hiccup

p.s. sorry to be a pain

cheers
      Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Actually, I think it might have been a lack of candidates that prompted the move to a monthly award. It is a fair amount of work to post weekly blogs and forum posts that are interesting enough to attract a lot of views. The week that I won, I had already decided to withdraw for the holidays since I just didn't have enough time to do justice to the competition.

Obviously this is just my opinion, fwiw.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

I must say that I find the varying opinions very interesting from two past members of the week

I wonder which one is the most insightful?

Cheers,

TC

Comment

Yeah I was shocked at how few people actually attempted the promo each week. Such a great reward for posting a few links and a little bio.
            You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

Me too.
              Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi DaSens,

Congrats on your win too! How did the games go?

As you said it is a great prize for just a little work. There are many members here who write blogs, post lots on the forum and yet for just a little effort of making an application they could win $150 of tournament tickets and then double that if they blog on each tourney they participate in, which requires a bit of extra effort.

They say there is no such thing as a free lunch but this gets pretty damn close I believe

Cheers,

TC

Comment

Thanks Tc. This saturday will actually be my first chance to knock most of them out. Was out of town most of xmas eve and prev sat. Looking forward to it
                  You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

Originally posted by topthecat View Post
                    They say there is no such thing as a free lunch but this gets pretty damn close I believe TC
                    I'd whole-heartedly agree! Raiser umbup:

Comment

I think it is a great promotion, a great prize and great fun for the community following the winners as they take their shots. Shame if it has been downgraded due to lack of applicants. Maybe if the numbers increase, perhaps when USA come back in the fold, it will revert to MOTW.

I would say that for myself I was planning to apply at some time in the future, but as it is a 'one time only' prize I was waiting a wee while to give myself the best shot. Firstly I don't really do 'Social Media' other than pub banter. (I was registered with a few sites but never really used them and spent most of the time rejecting 'friend requests' from people I have been trying to avoid for years).

More importantly - I wanted to learn how to play Omaha properly!

I'll keep watching the promo with interest but with only 12 slots this year I think that will again dissuade some.

Very best of luck to all that are up for it.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
                      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

GL over the weekend Da Sens.

Just as an added incentive, one of the members on the German site, who won the promo binked for over 12K in one of his tournies.

What is even more interesting, is that I followed a thread from this guy multi tabling at 25 and 50NL NLHE, and he made Super Nova in under two months! I pointed it out to JD, JWK and a few others.

I obviously have an eye for talent unfortunately my own talent is that after steadily growing my bankroll on 2NL and some SnGs, I decided to take a shot at 10NL, and after losing there, decided to move up to 25NL and ended up losing a fifth of my bankroll playing like a novice! they ate me alive

I have no sense sometimes

Cheers,

TC

Comment

and i keep on trying and trying but it seems they don't want to chose me

2 consecutive weeks im heads-up

can't win a flip

hopefully Member of the Month

Mr. January is mine

Comment

Working...
                          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.