PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motw # 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motw # 5

Hi all,

Yes I did say I wasn't going to apply anymore, but after many PM's telling me to put my stubbornness aside and re-apply, I decided to do so

I started playing in early 2009 on Zinga poker on facebook (didn't know better...LOL). I then got interested but needed to learn the basics, so went to the nearest book store and bought a book on poker. I then continued to play on that site by applying what I had learned and accumulated millions of dollars (woohoo)

Like most people, I was ready for the big jump........ real money. Nope I didn't invest $20 on an online site, I took the high road. I went to Vegas to play in the $1,000 Seniors WSOP. For a first real money and live tournament, it turned out to be a successful journey, finishing 96th out of 2,701. I then came home and joined an online site which was sponsoring the WSOP and deposited $50. I played a first tournament of $20 and finished first for >$2,700 and the next day I finished 7th in another $20 for >$650. From this point on, I thought I was good............... LOL.

Then came the wake up call, after losing thousands (yes I did) I opened an account with PokerStars and then joined the Poker School Online in June 2010. This is where I learned about patience, position and bankroll management. After winning $30 in the first month, I've accumulated my winnings since. I play NLHoldem 99% of the time .

I'm still in the learning process, the videos, the live trainings, the books and continuous practicing do make me a better player. Lately I've been reviewing my hands to see what I did wrong and have noticed that even the winning hands have faults......

Being an active contributor to this forum is not easy, as I often get to involve in some threads (no books or videos to learn from on this subject ) The T.I.C. Club and the Drunk Tanks are 2 of my favorite hang out places to relax (thanks Eff)

So what have I learned to date:
    - Patience, patience and patience
    - Winning a big tournament doesn't mean you know how to play
    - Variance can really hurt and so can tilt
    - Luck is also a huge factor and not only for you
    - Learning is an ongoing task
    - And the most important is bankroll management

Well that's it for now

Blog:
    Setting up your goals for 2012
    http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=21371

Forum post:
    Setting up my goals for 2012
    http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...513#post320513

Media Link:
    http://www.facebook.com/sandtrap777?sk=wall

Some other posts: Cash table bankroll management, 50/50's

**WEEK #6 REQUIREMENTS MET**
    Last edited by JDean; Mon Dec 26, 2011, 02:58 AM.

good luck

Comment

good luck to us

yes, this is +EV

Comment

Re-applying for week #6 umbup:

Comment

Gotcha sir!

If you are going to change any links, please make sure that is done before the numbers are collected on sunday!

Good luck!
          Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Congrats Sandy!

Gidee Up!

Comment

Congratz

One time big time

Comment

CONGRATS SANDMAN!! umbup: best of luck in the games!! show 'em what ya got sir!! then sayevil:
                May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Congrats trap umbup: Make sure you let us know when you're going to be playing with the tickets so we can rail (or silent rail) you.
                  Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

gl well done all the bestumbup:

Comment

gl in the tournaments and congrats on the motw
                      3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well done Sand!

Cheers,

TC

Comment

Congratulations sandtrap,

Have fun with the tickets.

Grade b
                          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well done sand man cheers m8 ...and good job. class player well deserved ......happy merry and all that chyte good luck and bring those chippy home !!!!!!! cheers r0ckumbup:umbup:umbup:

Comment

Once again sir.....yahooumbup: Great to see it cheers man
                              Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.