PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another application

Hi all, I'm also applying for member of the week I started playing in early 2009 on Zinga poker on facebook (didn't know better...LOL). I then got interested but needed to learn the basics, so went to the nearest book store and bought a book on poker. I then continued to play on that site by applying what I had learned and accumulated millions of dollars (woohoo) Like most people, I was ready for the big jump........ real money. Nope I didn't invest $20 on an online site, I took the high road. I went to Vegas to play in the $1,000 Seniors WSOP. For a first real money and live tournament, it turned out to be a successful journey, finishing 96th out of 2,701. I then came home and joined an online site which was sponsoring the WSOP and deposited $50. I played a first tournament of $20 and finished first for >$2,700 and the next day I finished 7th in another $20 for >$650. From this point on, I thought I was good............... LOL. Then came the wake up call, after losing thousands (yes I did) I opened an account with PokerStars and then joined the Poker School Online in June 2010. This is where I learned about patience, position and bankroll management. After winning $30 in the first month, I've accumulated my winnings since. I play NLHoldem 99% of the time . I'm still in the learning process, the videos, the live trainings, the books and continuous practicing do make me a better player. Lately I've been reviewing my hands to see what I did wrong and have noticed that even the winning hands have faults...... Being an active contributor to this forum is not easy, as I often get to involve in some threads (no books or videos to learn from on this subject ) The T.I.C. Club and the Drunk Tanks are 2 of my favorite hang out places to relax (thanks Eff) So what have I learned to date: - Patience, patience and patience - Winning a big tournament doesn't mean you know how to play - Variance can really hurt and so can tilt - Luck is also a huge factor and not only for you - Learning is an ongoing task - And the most important is bankroll management Well that's it for now Blog: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=19775 Forum post: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ith-great-odds Media Link: http://www.facebook.com/sandtrap777?sk=wall Some other posts: Cash table bankroll management, 50/50's umbup:umbup:
    Last edited by Sandtrap777; Fri Dec 16, 2011, 07:28 PM.

Missing Items in Application:

- No Social Media Site links
    (Note: Social Media self-promotion should link back to your blog and forum posts, not your application post.)

Please provide the missing items to complete your application post.

Thank You.

(no reply to whether applying for wk 4)
    Last edited by JDean; Sun Dec 11, 2011, 08:44 PM.
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Social Media added umbup:

Comment

sorry Sandtrap, please link to your FB PROFILE.

So we can see the back links to PSO.

That link takes me to my Wall page.

Sorry I was un-clear.
        Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JDean View Post
          sorry Sandtrap, please link to your FB PROFILE.

So we can see the back links to PSO.
          That link takes me to my Wall page.
          Sorry I was un-clear.
          OK I need help
          How am I suppose to do this?

Comment

I think this can help you Sand.
            Originally posted by TEXASKICK View Post
            1 Go to "Facebook.com" and sign in to your account. 2 Click the "Profile" link on the top menu bar. 3 Go to the left column and click the "Wall" tab. The URL in the address bar will change showing a new link with a "?sk=wall" suffix. Highlight and copy the URL. 4 Go the forum and sign in to your account. Create a new post or reply to an existing one. 5 Paste your Facebook URL into the body text area. Some forum platforms require you start and end links with a special tag. Other message boards turn "http" links into clickable links automatically. 6 Type a message about your link and give one or more reasons to the forum members why they should visit your Facebook wall. 7 Click the "Submit" or "Post" button. Your Facebook wall link is now posted in a forum message.

Comment

Thx Dan Hope it worked umbup:

Comment

Your welcome. They'll let you know if it didn't. umbup:

Comment

Worked perfectly!

Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
                    OK I need help
                    How am I suppose to do this?

I hope it worked for you. I had the same problem.

Grade b
                    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'm replying for week #2 Pick me, pick me umbup:

Comment

Remember Sandtrap, the more views you get, he better your score will be.

So try to keep the PSO links this week at the top of your face book page!
                        Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

OK I'm a dumbazz. Don't want to clutter up eff's congratulatory thread anymore than I already did but just noticed that something I said in there I was remiss in not mentioning Trap as being as viable a candidate as anyone here. And that would hold even if the US players were eligible.

If eff was first week I think Trap would be a great choice for next representative.

Comment

Good luck Sand! I hope you win it next week!umbup:....

Comment

Originally posted by JDean View Post
                              Remember Sandtrap, the more views you get, he better your score will be.

So try to keep the PSO links this week at the top of your face book page!
                              Flawed system right there. Might at well write a list of Drunk tank members so we all know whos blog to blow up each week.Absolutely ridiculous that PSO thinks this is a great way to help the forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.