PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staller Warning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staller Warning

Hi,

Today I received a mail from pokerstars regarding me stalling during PSO OSL. Just wanted to know how much stalling can be done if so done.I know some hands take time to decide & some don't.
    I have been warned with punitive measures,so wanted to know how much is too much. Of course I know many stall,but do everyone recieve mail like that?

Please clarify me that.
    Do cite your experiences,so that everyone learns in PSO and no one repeats it again.

Stalling is when you play every hand super slow by using up all the time-out time before you make a play or a fold.Its annoying and very much ruin the fun of the game.Just look at the leaderboard now, you rarely see those regular topnotchers that used/abused that strategy before pstars considered it as a form of cheating/unfair.Just play good and avoid all-in preflop or on the flop even when you have monster coz the turn or river may just joke upon you
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Slow play

The way the pts system is set up . ie . low score mid/field finish -2pts , high -21pts ,slow play over the early part of league tourneys for top of the table players is an obvious choice. Waiting for my E Mail.

Comment

love itp-okers is best

Comment

Originally posted by bokyaw View Post
          Stalling is when you play every hand super slow by using up all the time-out time before you make a play or a fold.Its annoying and very much ruin the fun of the game.Just look at the leaderboard now, you rarely see those regular topnotchers that used/abused that strategy before pstars considered it as a form of cheating/unfair.Just play good and avoid all-in preflop or on the flop even when you have monster coz the turn or river may just joke upon you
          I think people are more inclined to stall when you have the just as annoying all in every hand players, for me this really ruins the game and makes it hard not to risk all your chips on one hand.

It also stops everyone playing , so you can be blinded out in twice the time of a table being played in a less aggressive fashion.

Comment

I can't believe this is still an issue.

I've noticed that the O games are MUCH faster now anyways. You have barely 2 seconds before the PROMPTER beeps at you, and then there's seven seconds I think. Seven seconds. Boo Hoo Hoo.

Unlike several of the main complainers to PS on this issue (who AREN'T, for the most part, even involved in the school or a part of the leaderboard as it is), I don't play the O to try to get that $5; I PLAY TO AMASS AS MUCH POSITIVE YARDAGE AS I CAN POSSIBLY RUMBLE.

While I don't think many would call me a staller, and I've never heard any complaints at the very tables I play, I am not always pre-checking the FOLD box if you know what I mean... deal with it. I also don't merely play the O when I am logged on; and it is certainly my LOWEST PRIORITY when I am playing and so, if I take some time to respond or even happen to time-out now and then... deal with it. And if I'm not having a particularly good O, and find myself way too short way too fast and in danger of taking a big 'sack' on the leaderboard well - and this I address mainly to those who aren't playing for the LB pts - DEAL WITH IT.

All I can say is, I'd better not get any such threat. Say what you want about whether you agree or disagree with it as a 'strategy' (or annoyance) or not: There is an amount of time allotted to ALL players, for THEIR own use - period the end. Forcibly BULLYING the players to adopt to one's own 'preferred' style of play is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS - I for one, regardless of the 'topic', will NOT be intimidated or have my game 'molded' for me through patronising edicts. I CHOOSE to play here; it is not mandatory!

It's my understanding that it is PS itself which is receiving so-called complaints and taking action. This is funny to me, because I deal with truly annoying and 'intentional' stalling VERY OFTEN when playing even single-table SNGs. Considering there is a true and unique purpose for the O, I'd implore the PS enforcers to take stock in the fact that there is a perfectly good reason that they might receive THIS particular complaint so often regarding THIS particular venue.

Whether we like it or not, the nature of the point system makes it necessary to adjust your game; this is not even just limited to playing a little slower, but also changes your ranges and betting strategies, the likes of which would not be so affected in a regular tournament let alone freeroll. What other attribute of one's game are they going to 'tweak via ordinance' next?

The real problem is the punitive points against those of us who are playing the O with integrity. And in all seriousness: if the majority of complaints are coming from those who don't even take part on the O LB, then they are irrelevant - but that's the problem. If all O participants were required to partake in the very LB for which it is purposed, well, even that wouldn't entirely fix the donkery but it would certainly mitigate it and maybe, just maybe, the O could actually take on more of the atmospheres of the P or Q.

In summary: while I don't condone taking every last available moment for every single action, the BOTTOM LINE IS, you HAVE THAT TIME. They say poker is a sport after all, so, you tell me one sport wherein TIME MANAGEMENT is not a serious strategy or consideration.

Those are my feelings on the issue.
            Thank you,

KYA
            Last edited by KicknYerAces; Tue Sep 16, 2014, 02:15 AM.

Comment

KicknYerAces Well said .

Your opinion on the lack of control over non spoken English chat. Relevant to me as I,m being chased down by three Ukrainians in the premier division. THEY MAY BE TALKING ABOUT ME.

Comment

Originally posted by KicknYerAces View Post
                I can't believe this is still an issue.

I've noticed that the O games are MUCH faster now anyways. You have barely 2 seconds before the PROMPTER beeps at you, and then there's seven seconds I think. Seven seconds. Boo Hoo Hoo.

Unlike several of the main complainers to PS on this issue (who AREN'T, for the most part, even involved in the school or a part of the leaderboard as it is), I don't play the O to try to get that $5; I PLAY TO AMASS AS MUCH POSITIVE YARDAGE AS I CAN POSSIBLY RUMBLE.

While I don't think many would call me a staller, and I've never heard any complaints at the very tables I play, I am not always pre-checking the FOLD box if you know what I mean... deal with it. I also don't merely play the O when I am logged on; and it is certainly my LOWEST PRIORITY when I am playing and so, if I take some time to respond or even happen to time-out now and then... deal with it. And if I'm not having a particularly good O, and find myself way too short way too fast and in danger of taking a big 'sack' on the leaderboard well - and this I address mainly to those who aren't playing for the LB pts - DEAL WITH IT.

All I can say is, I'd better not get any such threat. Say what you want about whether you agree or disagree with it as a 'strategy' (or annoyance) or not: There is an amount of time allotted to ALL players, for THEIR own use - period the end. Forcibly BULLYING the players to adopt to one's own 'preferred' style of play is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS - I for one, regardless of the 'topic', will NOT be intimidated or have my game 'molded' for me through patronising edicts. I CHOOSE to play here; it is not mandatory!

It's my understanding that it is PS itself which is receiving so-called complaints and taking action. This is funny to me, because I deal with truly annoying and 'intentional' stalling VERY OFTEN when playing even single-table SNGs. Considering there is a true and unique purpose for the O, I'd implore the PS enforcers to take stock in the fact that there is a perfectly good reason that they might receive THIS particular complaint so often regarding THIS particular venue.

Whether we like it or not, the nature of the point system makes it necessary to adjust your game; this is not even just limited to playing a little slower, but also changes your ranges and betting strategies, the likes of which would not be so affected in a regular tournament let alone freeroll. What other attribute of one's game are they going to 'tweak via ordinance' next?

The real problem is the punitive points against those of us who are playing the O with integrity. And in all seriousness: if the majority of complaints are coming from those who don't even take part on the O LB, then they are irrelevant - but that's the problem. If all O participants were required to partake in the very LB for which it is purposed, well, even that wouldn't entirely fix the donkery but it would certainly mitigate it and maybe, just maybe, the O could actually take on more of the atmospheres of the P or Q.

In summary: while I don't condone taking every last available moment for every single action, the BOTTOM LINE IS, you HAVE THAT TIME. They say poker is a sport after all, so, you tell me one sport wherein TIME MANAGEMENT is not a serious strategy or consideration.

Those are my feelings on the issue.
                Thank you,

KYA

You nailed it with "the BOTTOM LINE IS, you HAVE THAT TIME"! Unfortunately,stars is the boss and have the final say!! Just pretend that you dont have a time limit and just play your hand impromptu! Please no more stalling ok?
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

Like I said, in general I don't 'stall'. In general, I also don't "roll dice" like most in these games - unless or until I HAVE TO. Same with 'taking my time' - when and if I HAVE TO, then I will. You're an opp at my table and don't like it, well - since WHEN is it my prerogative to appease YOU, or any/every other opp... poker is VERY MUCH A SELFISH GAME and if anybody cannot comprehend that, then they are playing the wrong game!

PS is the boss - nobody is disputing that. But I don't gel well with fascist bosses and so my point there is, IF I ever get a warning, then I'm done. Like I said, none of my games SHOULD ever warrant such a 'warning' but if I happen to be in trouble fast one game and NEED to use my time, I don't want some whiny loser emailing PS to complain and then based on that, get a 'warning'. Once you have the warning, if they arbitrarily decide that you have 'further violated', then they can close your account. So the very moment I get such a ridiculous and patronising email, I withdraw all $ and I will reduce my participation to that of the very likely 'whiner' who just plays the freerolls (and who very likely made the complaint; clearly THEIR opinions and convictions are more valued than mine or many other staunch players whom I've heard have been so 'harrassed')

The fact is, all PS players should be outraged that the very site (or the 'boss') is arbitrarily deciding what is legal or illegal in poker and THIS is utterly ridiculous. Using all the time for every move is NOT ILLEGAL in poker and if they don't know this, then we're all in a lot of trouble here!

And besides: who the hell are they, or anybody else, to decide if my time taken is 'stalling' or thinking... are we now to expect PS ADMIN to be secretly auditing our live-play, and IF IN THEIR OPINION we should have IMMEDIATELY folded our 2-7 but did not until the counter nearly reached 0, then declare that I am 'cheating'! And, will such an auditor take into account that upon THAT VERY MOMENT, I had also been taking action on 2 or 3 other tables? Yeah, I'm guessing not.

In a TLB-pts based tournament, it IS NOT illegal NOR IS IT even remotely unethical to 'stall'. I've heard several people in past, similar strings state that they only 'agree' with stalling at particular moments such as close to bubble time. Well guess what - in a TLB-pts based tournament, IT IS PERPETUAL BUBBLE! EVERY single rung on the list of participants 'pays' better and better. As a participant, if you take your time before making an all-in stand that you're destined to lose, you will score better than if you pushed that same hand immediately.

But it is the very donkery of the O which causes TIME MANAGEMENT to be much more of a factor than ever. Because IF THOUSANDS DIDN'T DROP-OFF in minutes, then biding one's time wouldn't have such an impact.

If PS gets scores of complaints about the same Dicerolling Donkey going all-in every hand, do they threaten that player's priviledges - of course not; because, as ignorant and selfish and ruinous to the game as it is, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL. So-called stalling is also all of these things - so if anybody believes for one second that this is just about the integrity of the game, think again!

Clearly, we have selective enforcement of "opinion" usurping regulation. If that's all-good 'cos it's the boss', then you can have your boss!

I'd encourage anybody who receives this THREAT, to respond - POLITELY of course, nonetheless be assertive. And I'd reevaluate my existing bankroll with the caution that it might be closed because some pathetic "need to win dimes from a freeroll" loser was annoyed that you didn't immediately fold your garbage hands.

Yes Stars is the boss.
                  But YOU, I, - WE, have the ultimate power; never forget that.

Cheers,

KYA

Comment

English Chat Only concern

Originally posted by 22meandu View Post
                    Your opinion on the lack of control over non spoken English chat. Relevant to me as I,m being chased down by three Ukrainians in the premier division. THEY MAY BE TALKING ABOUT ME.

Indeed this is always a problem and we see it in the O incessantly. The rules are quite clear; and in fact, THIS IS AN ACTUAL RULE being broken and again, ALL THE TIME. I would strongly agree that they should be aggressively enforcing the CHAT rule; but it would appear to be more important to enforce changes in one's 'playing habits' even when such fall well within the rules in place for everybody.

In case you aren't aware, you do have the ability to report CHAT abuse immediately to a moderator. The OPTIONS button at the table opens a dialogue box where you can select "Call Moderator", and then type a brief description IE: "Several players are not observing the ENGLISH CHAT ONLY rule". A MOD will appear very quickly and will generally remind everybody to speak only in English. Call them again if the problem persists or returns and if need be, email PS on the issue because THIS IS A TRUE VIOLATION of the rules and needs to be stopped and discouraged.

Keep up the great work in the P.
                    Hope to see you in October

Cheers,

KYA

Comment

Got my email.[Slow Play is against the spirit of the game and poor etiquette] threating me with punitive action. This is how I replied. I use the allowable allotted time at certain stages of this tlb tournament because of the pts structure designated by P/S. I am not doing anything the rules of the game don't allow and certainly am not being disruptive or stopping anyones fun, which playing poker for money definitely isn,t. I do many other things while I play your site and the warning buzzer is the time I join a lot of hands of which few are obvious folds. If you want to make a clock reduction for the players that want to have fun so be it , but to threaten a player of my loyalty with actions no mater how impunitive , for playing within the parameters of your rules is trite. Only English chat is a RULE frequently abused during this tlb . Enforce that and you spoil all non English speaking players fun. Is this against the spirit and etiquette of the game. You make the rules , allow players to play their own game within those rules. I play to win not for fun . Fun on your site can be very expensive

Comment

Rule #13

Originally posted by NeonDust View Post
                        Hi,

Today I received a mail from pokerstars regarding me stalling during PSO OSL. Just wanted to know how much stalling can be done if so done.I know some hands take time to decide & some don't.
                        I have been warned with punitive measures,so wanted to know how much is too much. Of course I know many stall,but do everyone recieve mail like that?

Please clarify me that.
                        Do cite your experiences,so that everyone learns in PSO and no one repeats it again.
                        Some one plzz clear this question up . Stalling seems to be a word made up by P/S staff. They may lose me as a player because I refuse to be told how to play when I,m playing within the rules. Slow play is not a reason to be threatened.

Comment

"I use the allowable allotted time at certain stages of this tlb tournament because of the pts structure designated by P/S"

I don't agree with stalling at all. Even if only two people are doing it, the speed of the game can be crippled to where other tables are playing twice the number of hands. Imagine playing live where a player knew action was on him and took 10 seconds before looking at his cards every hand, thats pretty much what you are doing.

Although I wish you luck on the leaderboard 22meandu, I hope you avoid using banking as a "strategy" in the future.

As to non english talk at the table, I don't really have any issue with it, most the time if I run it thru google translate its ur usual table talk, id be more concerned with colluding through skype or other such means.
                          Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Chat Violations

Be informed [according to Trevor the moderator] Two or three words in a foreign language is not a Chat Violation. I give up. POKERSTARS YOUR A JOKE . I have inquired into how I can withdraw the last of my account balance [less than $100] and will continue to play my way until I,m punished punitively. O/C I have to accept the fact that my leader board challenge has ended as I wont take the chance of having $5000 held over my head when making ethical decisions. ONE UP TO THE WHINGING LOSER BRIGADE. Your so wrong about U-I-WE , There is no arguing with the faceless.

Comment

wateva

I don't have an issue with anything except adherence to the rules. Slow play in a hyper is stupid but if you can make money [I may be amongst the few who think this is the object of playing] whos to tell you its wrong. Annoying to FUN players or those who think a big stack is the only way to make money but within the rules. I am here to make money , not friends. Reduce the time allowed . Make an even playing field for all. Pokerstars made the leagues pt scoring system so early outs are score killers so slow play when you have a big score is an obvious ploy. To be threatened or cajoled into thinking you spoil the spirit or etiquette of the game is

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.