PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats leaderboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats leaderboard

I just found out by accident that I was moved to the premier league, which was surprising since I came in 831'st in the open league in March which probably means that a lot of people in the top 500 did not have 20 VPP's.
    My question is will I still be able to compete for the stats leaderboard prizes if I play in the open league games?
    If not getting shoved into the premier league is no reward. As a secondary question why did I get moved here if I came in 831'st spot?

Originally posted by fubarcdn View Post
    I just found out by accident that I was moved to the premier league, which was surprising since I came in 831'st in the open league in March which probably means that a lot of people in the top 500 did not have 20 VPP's.
    My question is will I still be able to compete for the stats leaderboard prizes if I play in the open league games?
    If not getting shoved into the premier league is no reward. As a secondary question why did I get moved here if I came in 831'st spot?
    Hi fubarcdn!

If you're in the premier, then you will not be able to get any prizes from the open league this month.

It's the top 500 players that DO have 20vpp's... so this could go into the 800's or 900's or further.. however far down the list it goes, in order to get 500 players that do have 20vpp.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.
      I think I will take the month off.

Comment

That's interesting. In the shooter promotion details it mentions only that Premier and Qualifier league results do not count towards the shooter stats leaderboard standings. The minimum requirements for the shooter stats are that you play 150 hands and 5 open league tournaments (Everyone can play Open league tournaments). From the site:

Notes: Even though the tournaments are open to anyone in the PokerStars.com client, only tournament results for players that are already school members will be scored for the leaderboard. School members who are eligible to play in the Premier League are not prevented from playing in the Open League Tournaments, but their results will not be scored for the Open League Leaderboard.

Have they omitted to add that their open league results will also not count in the shooter stats promotion?

Since anyone can play the Open tournaments how is it that the minimum requirements, as stated, are not met? There's nothing in there that says that Open league results for Premier and Qualifier league players don't qualify for the shooter stats leaderboard, only that there respective league results don't qualify. It's the first time I've been made aware of this. I assumed everyone was allowed into this promotion. It's good to know, though.

Comment

That is what I thought.
          I thought it might be like the rule where your scores would not count but you were eligible for the 3 under 400 for the big bang.
          I need a vacation anyways.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.