PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

open league play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open league play

remember when raising with ak when the board comes k610 that the guy who called you will have 6 10 so you better fold
    Last edited by donkkilla76; Fri Mar 28, 2014, 07:18 PM.

Hi donkkilla76! In a league game, I can't be all-in unless I'm sure I'll be ahead after all 5 cards are on the board. I also cannot overbet. These games are only about outlasting players, so they have a totally different strategy from a std tourney. With AK preflop, I want to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper (240 chips). No more, no less. When I flop top pair, I get a bet of 120. I need to raise here and since there are 3 opps in the hand, I need to raise by 3/4 pot, to 795. Once again, I cannot bet more than this or I'm wasting chips and I cannot be all-in on the turn with a one pair hand. I need to keep all my bets standard and consistent. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant player... something that I absolutely need to avoid. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

you cant really blame him...
      he defended his blinds.... and probably expected the others to call

he got lucky... obviously i wouldnt call with T6..

I personnally LOVED the donk lead on that flop though haha..

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.