PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Quite Right

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Quite Right

You would have to assume that something was not quite right when the current leader on the PokerSchool Open Skill League leaderboard has played every single tournament from the 12th of January 21:00 ET to the 29th January 2014

very true,

I assume they are an insomniac
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Or perhaps just another consortium of players breaking the rules.

You can always send an email to support@pokerstars.com detailing your concerns.

Comment

just my 2 cents on this....hiccup

if l had no job...no money....the future looked not very good in the financial way....hiccup

l would set my alarm clock to wake me up for every game, so l do see how some do this.....it may be the only job they can get.

That being said.......l do not like the open.....it only teaches you not to play poker....just to sit and wait for the big hands....just terrible poker imo.

Like so many have said before.....put every one on an even playing field.....something like 50 tickets or so.

But for some reason....hiccup.....this is not possible

cheers all
        Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Annie_22at90 I had the same thoughts. To play so many games with high end finish would be, you would think,would be hard to do because you wouldn't get the chance to rest. I've played for 8 years and have never heard of anybody ever playing for such a prolonged period. This can of worms smells very fishy.

Comment

effsea I think that is a fantastic idea to offer 50 tickets a month to make it a more even playing field. I was even thinking maybe reduce the games down to 1 tournament every 8 hours rather than 4 hours would even up the competition.

Comment

I played five out of six games every day because I was busy with other stuff as well. And I know others who were playing 6/6 for a week then slept for two tournaments and then did the same again, it's actually legit. It just doesn't seem like it, but if you tried and every tournament that you played you were speaking with the same people you'd know it's possible. I did however not finish in the top, but I know a lot of the guys in the top.

Comment

Originally posted by TarekGG View Post
                I played five out of six games every day because I was busy with other stuff as well. And I know others who were playing 6/6 for a week then slept for two tournaments and then did the same again, it's actually legit. It just doesn't seem like it, but if you tried and every tournament that you played you were speaking with the same people you'd know it's possible. I did however not finish in the top, but I know a lot of the guys in the top.
                Actually, you played on 25 days.

Of those 25 days, you only played 5 of 6 possible games six times (10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 19th, 24th).

Comment

Does playing more games equate to gaining more points

Any time I've qualified for the Premier League has been by the Premier League Qualifiers but I found less is more. When I hit a good total after my 5 required games then I stopped playing and just kept an eye on the Leaderboard.
                  Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ovalman That's fine if you have 5 good tournaments and you just want to qualify. But, what if you wanted a high ladder finish so you can get some money? You would obviously have to play more games to achieve the desired results.

Comment

*Moved to more appropriate forum* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

PSO Not Willing

It's become clear to me after reading the forums that PSO aren't willing/able to uphold the integrity of their own league and choose to pass on the buck by telling players to contact support. Any doctor on the planet will tell you(quoting an earlier post) that it would be impossible to stay awake for 17 days straight and achieve such high finishing positions as January 2014 leaderboard leader has done. I'm willing to put my integrity on the line to uphold the integrity of PSO

Comment

Originally posted by M1GHT'NPOWER View Post
                          It's become clear to me after reading the forums that PSO aren't willing/able to uphold the integrity of their own league and choose to pass on the buck by telling players to contact support.
                          Who exactly from PSO asked you to contact Support about the league? The only time that moderators would ask a member to contact support is when that moderator cannot help with the question. Moderators have no access to members personal accounts so they have to direct members to Support quite often. Also, moderators here in the forum have no say in how the leagues are run Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
                            Who exactly from PSO asked you to contact Support about the league? The only time that moderators would ask a member to contact support is when that moderator cannot help with the question. Moderators have no access to members personal accounts so they have to direct members to Support quite often. Also, moderators here in the forum have no say in how the leagues are run Cheers, Raiser umbup:
                            This is quite a serious matter and members have raised and re-raised the issue in previous months in the forums with no action from either PSO or PS.

Comment

Originally posted by annie_22at90 View Post
                              Actually, you played on 25 days.

Of those 25 days, you only played 5 of 6 possible games six times (10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 19th, 24th).
                              Don't do researches again....... I was saying more which underlined my point. And in my defense I started late and finished early, but honestly thought I played more - my apologies detective.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.