PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tricky Ed in the OSL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricky Ed in the OSL

I hope few very people read this.

I have changed things up in the Open Skill League this month.

Mainly as I have less than 20VPPs so the main leaderboard offers little value.

I am pleased that trying the alternative style - going for trickiness factor plays, hasn't actually hurt my main leaderboard performance.

Currently top 100 in the main leaderboard and top ten in the stats leaderboard for trickiness.

Gonna miss most of the rest of the month - so will inevitably fall back.

But thanks to PSO for the additional opportunity to win a dollar or two extra.

And I like the idea of the stats leaderboards.

Certainly makes the play in OSL more interesting.

Here is my latest attempt at 'tricky' play in OSL

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...990_4B51BA0C13

It worked - for two reasons - the flop check raise and the win at showdown.

Both positive factors for the trickiness formula.

But believe me its not easy adjusting styles in the OSL.

I'll try to smash trickiness in 2014!

Ed
    Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Thu Dec 19, 2013, 12:35 AM.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

What's tricky play here :p? You check to the original raiser, then UTG leads a hand he isn't folding - and comitting himself by PSB. And given how the hand is played the only thing you should do is to get it in there on the flop.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.