PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TarekGG Open Skill League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TarekGG Open Skill League

I'm going to play Open Skill League this month, and hopefully I can put in enough volume/games to make the 1st place, which is all that matters for me. I've played this league before and I made FT last time I tried to qualify to Premier Skill League, but I didn't play enough games to being able to take a shot at big money. But hopefully I will this month, considering I've lost a big part of my bankroll, and I could use the boost. See you below me at the leaderboard.

Best of luck to you this month in the OSL!

CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Oh its ON tarek that top spot has my name on it

Comment

Thanks guys. Dr are you playing for 2nd this month? :P

Comment

Out of my first tournament, all in on the flop AA vs QQ river Q, that's the spirit!

Comment

We will see its only my first month already had a ft and top 100 so your on catch up How come you not been on the hunters table? Get yourself on sometimeumbup:

Comment

Busybusy, I'll get on when I have time. Nice results you've gotten.

Comment

Last tournament QQ vs AA vs 66 vs K3 vs QJ. Big pot in the beginning, but clearly I was waaay behind.

Comment

Finished 604th place, lost flip KQ vs 88, against his range I was flipping, and with money already invested I felt like calling there to sustain 10BBs+ lose or climb up to 20BBs. I don't really know how the point system works, if it's any significant difference between 36th place or 600th place. But whatever, give me a few days and I know.

Had a failed iso from BTN where I shove 14bbs to the initial raiser who is a big stack attempting to steal. Not only does the big blind come along and shows up with aces, but the big stack calls with K6s. So the big stack and me cover the BB so I am left with 9bbs. If the BB doesn't wake up with aces and folds, and the big stack still calls I would've had 15k around average and 30bbs, would've given me a greater advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by TarekGG View Post
                    I don't really know how the point system works, if it's any significant difference between 36th place or 600th place. But whatever, give me a few days and I know.
                    Yes, there's a big points difference between those two places. But I think you usually increase your points total if you're in the top 1400 or so.

If you click your points total on the leaderboard (which hasn't updated since you busted the latest one just yet), you'll find out how many points you gained or lost in each tourney.
                    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks =) I remember ITM and FT wasn't that big of a difference, much bigger in Premier Skill League.

Comment

It's definitely got diminishing returns once you go past 400. Especially when you factor in the time it takes to play those later stage hands.

Comment

EvokeNZ ye that's what I seem to remember, but obviously it depends on the rating.

Just finished 41st place, and I'm really annoyed the hand before I go out I lead out on a draw heavy board with 42 from blinds(had nice odds), flop is J32 anyway, I pick up open-ended turn, but doesnt get there. The other guy kept calling with A2, so that means I can't really outplay people. Had one 3bet bluff, but that was all. And I went out after 3bet shoving 23bbs 99, and KQ called, wtf. I'm just surprised over the fact that the skill didn't increaser deeper in the tournament. So I wont shove for fold equity from now on, since it's basically non-existence, so instead of 99 being e.g against KQ 50% + FE on 30% or something it's basically only a flip. So I'm really surprised to see KQ calling, but I remember first time I was playing that league, I guess I would do the same call. So I'd rather just call and either vbet post or fold, since outplaying isn't really and option.

However, I'm not really certain how big the difference between 1st and 41st really is, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Comment

I was out 45th, my best finish to date. One guy won with KK in a hand I wasn't involved in, then next hand I had TT, so I raised. He shipped me so I called. He had AA, lucky guy two hands in a row. He also made an A on the flop, so the T on the river didn't help me.

Comment

Haha, that stings mate. But atleast we had deep runs, doesn't really matter if we get 1st or not, since it's volume and a lot of deep runs that counts. Are you going to play this one that starts in 3minutes?

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.