PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

open skill league games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open skill league games

im just curious as to wether or not i understand correctly,
    the open skill league games are a freeroll and you do not have to be a member of the school to play in them?

Hi milehigh,

As I understand it, the Open Skill League freerolls are open to anyone with a real money account (no US players yet) and they don't have to be a member of PSO to play in them. However, it's only PSO members that can earn points for the leaderboard. Since the real money in the leagues is from high placings at the end of the month, random freerollers are missing value by not joining PSO.
    More info here: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...l-Skill-League

Cheers,
    Arty
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

re post

dont they also take value away from members who earn their vpps and try for the bigger prizes, with no real incentive to place higher these are the players shoving atc all the time

just my opinion but this is something that should be adressed

Comment

[QUOTE=milehigh0874;i'm just curious as to whether or not i understand correctly, the open skill league games are a freeroll and you do not have to be a member of the school to play in them? don't they also take value away from members who earn their vpps and try for the bigger prizes, with no real incentive to place higher these are the players shoving atc all the time just my opinion but this is something that should be addressed[/QUOTE] Hi milehigh, Thank the poker gods for every one of those weak players because they're not going to bring as high a quality hand to the party as U R, right They're the exact same guys who are going to pay U off when U get the AA or KK you've been waiting for. The survivors of the donk ranks with huge stacks are the same guys who are going to pay U off later & get U ITM. Play great poker & enjoy the ride leep: sleepy leep: .................... mileypoker:

Comment

[QUOTE=milehigh0874;i'm just curious as to whether or not i understand correctly, the open skill league games are a freeroll and you do not have to be a member of the school to play in them? don't they also take value away from members who earn their vpps and try for the bigger prizes, with no real incentive to place higher these are the players shoving atc all the time just my opinion but this is something that should be addressed[/QUOTE] Hi milehigh, Thank the poker gods for every one of those weak players because they're not going to bring as high a quality hand to the party as U R, right They're the exact same guys who are going to pay U off when U get the AA or KK you've been waiting for. The survivors of the donk ranks with huge stacks are the same guys who are going to pay U off later & get U ITM. Play great poker & enjoy the ride leep: sleepy leep: .................... mileypoker:

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyolman View Post
            Hi milehigh, Thank the poker gods for every one of those weak players because they're not going to bring as high a quality hand to the party as U R, right They're the exact same guys who are going to pay U off when U get the AA or KK you've been waiting for. The survivors of the donk ranks with huge stacks are the same guys who are going to pay U off later & get U ITM. Play great poker & enjoy the ride leep: sleepy leep: .................... mileypoker:
            ...if this is called PSO league then ONLY PSO members should participate in it! This should be restricted long time ago!!

Comment

Originally posted by Apatinac View Post
              ...if this is called PSO league then ONLY PSO members should participate in it!
              This should be restricted long time ago!!
              This is another way to introduce new players to the league...Calm down
              sleepy

Comment

Originally posted by Apatinac View Post
                ...if this is called PSO league then ONLY PSO members should participate in it!
                This should be restricted long time ago!!
                I'm new to Poker School (this is my 1st time browsing through the forum, and my 2nd post).
                I think it's a good idea that anyone can enter the PSO tourneys. If it weren't for seeing the tourneys I would never have come here.

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.