PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go to premier league or no?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to premier league or no?

Hello,

I was wondering if I should push for the premier league or no because of my VPP status. At the moment I am around 500th position in the open skill league and will have more than 20 VPPs by the end of the month but less than 150 VPPs.

In case I make it to the premier (if I can) I will be playing for maximum of 500$ (1st place) and minimum of 2$ (500th place)

If I stay next month in the open, I am playing for 1500$ (1st place) and minimum of 2.5$ (2000th place)

Obviously, more money I can get in the open skill league...I know there is much more people there than in the premier but also competition is way too softer in the open...

Opinions, suggestions...?

Thankful in advance.

Promotion or not

In your position I would go for the promotion. Next month you will be playing against better players, which is an opportunity to learn. See how your game stacks up against the better average competition. One plus is that you will not have to play as many tournaments in order to be in the money at months end. This will give you more time to try and make the 150 VPPs you need to qualify for the larger payouts.

Good luck
    Doug
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

How do you not go to the premier league. I thought that if you are eligible for it, you will automatically be issued a ticket for it, and thus become ineligible for any open league prizes.

Is there a way to opt out of the premier league altogether even if you are eligible for it?

Comment

it is all about progression right now, the money will come later, being in the premier league and staying there will make you a better player, look at it in the long term not the short term.

Comment

Originally posted by IroncladMerc View Post
          How do you not go to the premier league. I thought that if you are eligible for it, you will automatically be issued a ticket for it, and thus become ineligible for any open league prizes. Is there a way to opt out of the premier league altogether even if you are eligible for it?
          Hi IroncladMerc! If a player qualifies for the premier, then they will be promoted and be ineligible for the open league prizes the next month. You can't opt out. Hope this helps.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

What I meant is that I still have a choice - go all in first hand in tournaments until the end of the month :-)

Or, stop earning VPPs (I do not have 20 yet but I am close to it and can easily make it). However, no way to reach 150 VPPs.

Comment

Originally posted by soneneso View Post
              What I meant is that I still have a choice - go all in first hand in tournaments until the end of the month :-)
              Proof yet again (not that it's needed) that people will not tolerate being told what they can or cannot play.

Comment

What's the point of going all in every hand to lose on purpose? You could end up out of the $2.50 money in the open league, isn't it better to try the Premier league for a month, and then if you don't do well you go back to Open the next month and try for the top prize there?

And you still have a week in the open league left, why not try to get some points and move up to the next money payout rank?

Comment

Well, no way that I can go below 2000th place. The point is that next month if I am in premier I am playing for maximum of 500$, while in open it is 1500$

Anyway, thanks for all suggestions - I still have a week to decide...

Best regards

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.