PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sleepy's "HOT NOW" List for February 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sleepy's "HOT NOW" List for February 2012

    Well, What a month ! I was truly wondering if We'd have a list this month as the start-up was truly "Turtle-paced". My good friend Pentire dominated the 1st day with a 1st & a 3rd & the 2nd saw "owen" the first to make the list followed by Alterno01 on 11-02 & finally, on the 13th, 19761002 & kennyw0309 & sveo1d soon after. Special Acknowledgements to trenti23 for his Great back-2-back 1st place finishes on 25-02-12 & also to kekec24 for his b-2-b 3rd in Jan & 1st in Feb ! Also, at the bottom of the list U will find the Royal Flush made by ludilove on 27-02-12. I was so in hopes of making the list but as luck would have it, i could only manage 1 FT, a 4th+ a 13th, 19th, & a 38th so no List for sleepy (sob,sob). And so, without much further adieu, I present the February 2012 "HOT NOW" LIST in descending/temporal order. If 2 or more players had the same # of F-Ts, the first to make the list with 4 this month is listed 1st. ( #s = tourney finishes ) Here are the 51 (13 less than last month) players deserving admission to the LIST this month with Alterno01 averaging 2.5 F-Ts each week V.Very Nice. * He also amassed a total of 978 points on FTs alone, a new statistic I will try to include in future editions of the list. You will find (TP/FT) (total points by FT) by Top 10 League Finishes FT#s (978) Sleepy's "HOT-NOW" List for February 2012. HOT NOW ...................................10 FTs Alterno01.....................5351117872.........8 5,104,88,130128,121,78,71,67,106 = (978)points(56games) ....................................8FTs Lestat35878................72968522.........110?,1 11,83,64,83,82,72,104 (709) ...................................7 FTs 21011950.....................57374638.........80?, 90,90,97,68,85,73,96 (679) ..................................6 FTs owen8817....................975219...........86,77 ,80.106,128,59 (536)(19 games tot) kennyw0309................624973 Gogu_812....................421125 lyapis.85.......................927137 IceasI............................524164 fd2266.........................666731.........73,8 1,69,66,89,125 (503) .................................5 FTs 1010101q1q1q...........69277 naranjon.......................18994 19761002...................83734 shefGG.........................48336 sorinc...........................35336.........99, 88,95,94,67 (443) JustFighting.................52948 AriSoze........................63121 Pentire........................13147 Noktambul..................24595 JC TORI........................52742 wayneo75...................96837.........72,81,64, 87,73 (377) sahistul69...................89855 MarkovicIvan..............24243 ferchovv......................95628.........70,75, 70,102,59 (376) sviyat..........................14861 ...............................4 FTs sveo1d..........................4626.........91,85 ,105,80 (361) HONG266....................2488 murzik650....................8841 TimurRaiko...................1184 Mandziuk75.................5262 granef..........................7975 monkeyskunk4............9469 korolvs.........................8733 West_Eagle77............1543 Bondarew1964...........6161.........89,129,72,129 (419) zauberer43..................6997 josesa1956.................4437 kekec24......................3523.........95,73,10 1,86 (355) trenti23.......................5311.........86,95, 123,128 (432) Dnismadrid..................3316 mikeoertel...................8179.........88,129,6 6,56 (339) Romich702.................7948 superk666 ..................5751 dunduks28..................3913.........102,76.129 ,92 (399) Anlv89.........................3621 Longuful......................7486 antonnnn6...................5583 AlexGlezRdg................5457 YoUnGsTaR188..........7172.........84,133,80,104 (401) Rus 7x5 Kaz................3476 Rman2000252...........9987 Potass393...................3848 akisno...........................5512 franclin2509...............6271 Edvard Oros.................2952 Steamtroll ..................9264 WesMang ..................7869 ------------------------------------ l_Saint333_l..................799.........88,81,75 (244) Here's ludilove's Royal leep: sleepy leep:
    Last edited by sleepyolman; Fri Mar 02, 2012, 08:00 AM. Reason: improvements

  • #2
    this is quite a list nice job sleepyumbup:

    Comment


    • #3
      *** moved *** Moved as it relates to the Skill League. Raiser umbup:

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice work Sleepy! I find it interesting, because i have been looking at my performances last 2 months and i found out that even though i have made only 4 FTs this month and 7FTs the previous month and i finished the previous month with 20 points more, if I take the pure math my performance this month was a lot better. In january if i played the same way long term the number 1999 points would be the one in infinity and in february that number would have been 2113. That is a very big difference.

        GL to all this month.
        Last edited by kekec24; Sat Mar 03, 2012, 03:21 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think the list is great Sleepy - I snuck onto the bottom of it once with 4FTs and was almost as happy about that as I was about the $50 I got for my league finish. I played under 25 games last month with no FTs but I really want to get high up on this list one day.

          It seems that players are really pushing for the high end finishes and this list highlights how much value there is in taking calculated risks and getting several very deep runs - rather than trying to survive and min cash regularly - which is how MTTs should work.

          Great work sleepyolman - hope that MexNet hold up for you.

          Good luck all

          Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
          4 Time Bracelet Winner


          Comment


          • #6
            Great work as ever Sleepy.

            Kind words about my fast start. Just as well really as the rest of the month would have seen me struggle to stay in the PL.

            This league is the ultimate greasy pole, except it gets greasier the higher you get.

            There is some serious quality playing in this league, just playing in it and paying attention to the moves being made is an enormous learning tool.

            Anyway, bollocks to February.

            BRING ON MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              My dear friend Kekec, I am so sorry not to mention this very great feat of yours and perhaps i should start trying to broaden my scope but truly, I was not aware.My focus is to show whomever reads this little info-journal each month how important it is to play to WIN and get the big points. I will see if i can update to include your back-2-back top 3 finishes & by all means, please tell me if there is anything else U think needs mentioning. leep: sleepy leep: ....................
              Originally posted by kekec24 View Post
              Nice work Sleepy! I find it interesting, because i have been looking at my performances last 2 months and i found out that even though i have made only 4 FTs this month and 7FTs the previous month and i finished the previous month with 20 points more, if I take the pure math my performance this month was a lot better. In january if i played the same way long term the number 1999 points would be the one in infinity and in february that number would have been 2113. That is a very big difference. By the way i know you take FTs for the hot list and thats ok , but you could have mentioned at least that for the first time someone has managed a TOP 3 result back to back at the end of the month. Its not about the bragging rights , i just had a conversation with a friend of mine and he asked me what are the chances for 3 in a row and we didnt agree on the number with which we both came up. So we had to make a little side bet for TOP 3 next month(he gave me 2 to 1). So it is gonna be a little more fun for me next month, although i would lie if i said the money is not great if you are lucky enough to finish high. GL to all this month.

              Comment


              • #8
                TYVM, marvinsytan, I may not ever grow my skills to compete with those who continually make the TOP 50 but i can dammmmmmmm sure try and this little list is my monthly contribution to the League I LOVE SO MUCH. I cannot begin to tell U how much enjoyment i derive from the PSO Premier League but trust me, It's a TON. To play with folks from around the world, To learn a little foreign language, To chat with those whom I have "known" now for over a year and cheer them on when they are doing well and accompany them after a really bad suckout, these are so important to an "older gentleman" whose world seems to be shrinking geometrically. Thanks 4 the comment, leep: sleepy leep: ....................
                Originally posted by marvinsytan View Post
                this is quite a list nice job sleepyumbup:

                Comment


                • #9
                  TYVM Ed, I have only made 4 FTs in a month once, the same as you and trust me, I WAS BEAMING ear-2-ear. I just also happened to get my $50 reward too so I made it my goal to play TOP 50 poker which, it turns out, is not too dammmmm easy to do with all the great talent we have in the League. As 4 the MexNet, I am now having to run the (Network Status) traceroute continuously to keep connected to PS. What a drag..... Every 2 hands i must restart it of kill the thing completely and restart the process again. Oh Well, small price to pay for all the enjoyment this game brings. Have a GREAT MARCH, leep: sleepy leep: .................... :
                  Originally posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
                  I think the list is great Sleepy - I snuck onto the bottom of it once with 4FTs and was almost as happy about that as I was about the $50 I got for my league finish. I played under 25 games last month with no FTs but I really want to get high up on this list one day. It seems that players are really pushing for the high end finishes and this list highlights how much value there is in taking calculated risks and getting several very deep runs - rather than trying to survive and min cash regularly - which is how MTTs should work. Great work sleepyolman - hope that MexNet hold up for you. Good luck all Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    TYVM Pentire, my good friend, I cannot tell U how much pleasure it brought me to see your name plastered up at the top on my first inspection of the leaderboard. I hurriedly opened up the days completed tourneys to see how U did it. Oh, I was swooning with joy. Now, if U will just go up there and STAY. I also want to thank you for the answers U have provided me to my ?s from time 2 time. They have opened up totally new ways to view & understand what is going on on the table. Good Luck in March, leep: sleepy leep: ....................
                    Originally posted by Pentire View Post
                    Great work as ever Sleepy. Kind words about my fast start. Just as well really as the rest of the month would have seen me struggle to stay in the PL. This league is the ultimate greasy pole, except it gets greasier the higher you get. There is some serious quality playing in this league, just playing in it and paying attention to the moves being made is an enormous learning tool. Anyway, bollocks to February. BRING ON MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X

                    X Cookies Information

                    We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.