PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever get the feelin that........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever get the feelin that........

......your being hustled? 2 nights in-a-row, same tourney, same time.....same outcome!! What makes this worse is that 4 of the players at the table were 'sitting out'. PS PokerGod 1: "Oh look....zZ.Ma$kin.Zz is using that rubbish Burn & Fold strategy in the bingo league." PS PokerGod 2: "Yeah, so I see.....let's have some fun & set him up again." PS PokerGod 1: "Yes....let's.....he's short-stacked now.......MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" PS PokerGod 2: "Tee-hee!" Should I have folded?....probably. I did take a quick look at how many players were left (just over 2300), so I thought vs possibly 1 caller, at the most 2, I'd be good here (at least to steal the blinds & fold out the limper or SB!) Another '-' score for my ever dwindling pts total. Cheers PSO.

Fold, no way. You made the absolute correct play.. and got really unlucky.

Any play other than going here with KK is the incorrect play.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      Fold, no way. You made the absolute correct play.. and got really unlucky. Any play other than going here with KK is the incorrect play.
      umbup: That is unless you have a crystal ball you're not telling us about....

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
        Fold, no way. You made the absolute correct play.. and got really unlucky. Any play other than going here with KK is the incorrect play.
        Really appreciate the feedback JWK. This strategy I'm trying to employ has me now on the fringes of doubting my play at the best of times. Since the beginning of the league, I've almost gone through a 500g jar of coffee just to stay awake...lol! Thanks for the confidence boost umbup: (I needed it...lol) Cheers

Comment

I only ran into AA once out of the 40 KK I had in PSO. Just bad luck..

Comment

the fact that you call it "the bingo league" is going to lead to bad results in and of itself. you can't go in with a mindset like that and expect a good result.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
              umbup: That is unless you have a crystal ball you're not telling us about....
              If I had said glass spherical object....I'd have folded!
              Originally posted by Keldraco View Post
              I only ran into AA once out of the 40 KK I had in PSO. Just bad luck..
              40 KK???....wow, I'm not even in doubles figures, for any pocket pair!! (Guess I haven't paid enough rake towards the site for the good stuff huh.....OMG!!! The site must be rigged!!!!......WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! ) LMAO
              Originally posted by ketchup143 View Post
              the fact that you call it "the bingo league" is going to lead to bad results in and of itself. you can't go in with a mindset like that and expect a good result.
              It's hard to detect sarcasm without emoticons I expect nothing from Pokerstars.....never have....never will. Stars owes me diddly squat.

Comment

Actually i had 82 KK ouf of 18592 total hands, that 0.44%.
                Last edited by Keldraco; Mon Dec 19, 2011, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keldraco View Post
                  Actually i had 82 KK ouf of 18592 total hands, that 0.44%.
                  Not even gonna post my HEM stats for frequency of KK, this forum would collapse of embarrassment! Anyway, here's another Pokerstars classic...... ....had to push. 55% equity pre-flop......49% equity on flop.......74% equity on turn.......100% expletive/s on river! I'll be gutted if I don't get a hat-trick! /me prays to PokerGods The only saving grace was I finished 602nd, so '+' points.........for a change!
                  Last edited by zZ.Ma$kin.Zz; Wed Dec 21, 2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

ohhh dont worry about magic rivers pal, Ill see if i can find the most awesome hand I was ever dealt. Pockets 7s into a flop of 7, 7, rag. Put all in by AA, snap call, turn A river A... then a trip to the local computing store for a new laptop

Comment

in the first hand though you played it correctly this isn't the problem hand the hand we need to see is the one that left you short stacked to begin with evil:
                      Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

Originally posted by bobber93 View Post
                        ohhh dont worry about magic rivers pal, Ill see if i can find the most awesome hand I was ever dealt. Pockets 7s into a flop of 7, 7, rag. Put all in by AA, snap call, turn A river A... then a trip to the local computing store for a new laptop
                        Yeah, had something similar happen many moons ago, flopping quads only to be bitten in the arse with villain hitting runner, runner for bigger quads. Yep, shyte happens...alot unfortunately. Still have & play on the same pc though. Golden Rules of Poker. 1. Leave emotions at the door. 2. Repeat rule 1.
                        Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
                        in the first hand though you played it correctly this isn't the problem hand the hand we need to see is the one that left you short stacked to begin with evil:
                        Guess I should've kept my hand-history for this reply. Either you're on the 'wind-up' or you don't understand the strategy I'm using in the PSO Open League. Basically, this 'Burn & Fold' idea more or less eliminates the chances of being 'sucked out on' in the early & middle phases of the tourney as you are 'burning the clock & folding' every hand (even AA), as the chances are, if you pushed or entered a pot, you'd be up against 4 or 5 (Russians probably) other players, therefore reducing the chances that your monster will hold. You do this until you reach the 'plus points' stage (which is normally around 1440 players left), then you can play your 'normal' game. Unfortunately, by this time, you are usually short-stacked and are straight into 'push-fold' mode. I don't play the tourney to reach the FT or win it (would help though).....it's all about the points, hopefully resulting in getting up the league ladder as high as possible (top 500) & qualifying for the Premier league next month as long as I have the required 20+ VPP's earned from this month! You'd probably understand this method (with alot of madness), if you actually played in the league. Oh......hang on a sec.........you can't!!! Bummer!!! p.s. I started this thread with a hint of sarcasm attached to it. Yes, I know 'sarcasm is the lowest form wit'. In this case, it's 'so low', that some members are finding it hard to detect....literally!! evil: (<~~maybe I should use this emoticon alot more??)
                        Last edited by zZ.Ma$kin.Zz; Wed Dec 28, 2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Though i can no longer play in the league games anymore due to pinheads in my government I can assure you that previous to April 15th i did play a lot of league games and i am quite familiar with the "strategy" you're employing. Though some have reported a steady moderate placement month after month with this strategy it isn't the best for achieving a higher placement on the leaderboard. If you find yourself with a bankroll and start to build it I would suggest maybe trying a different approach to how you play the league. Thank you for answering how your stack was short to begin with and wish you the best of luck for January's league. evil: (pick your own emoticon, there are many to chose from)

Comment

yup funny how the doom switch is turned off when the trainers play , theres sumthin funny goin on n i for 1 am sick 2 death of it , all u here is u made the correct play unlucky , fact is ur up against a rng ie wat the bingo sites use ,good luck out there guys all the best

Comment

Originally posted by whu1895 View Post
                              yup funny how the doom switch is turned off when the trainers play , theres sumthin funny goin on n i for 1 am sick 2 death of it , all u here is u made the correct play unlucky , fact is ur up against a rng ie wat the bingo sites use ,good luck out there guys all the best
                              This is the wrong attitude to have towards these games. Trainers have no unfair advantages over the other players and the RNG does nothing more than select random cards to be dealt. I feel as if this needs to be pointed out every time this type of comment is made so that newer members are not mislead by them. Good luck in whatever games you play. evil:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.