PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open League - Let's make it fun again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open League - Let's make it fun again

Okay. All I ever hear is people moaning about this league, So let's see if I can make it a little more interesting for you.

I'll offer you odds of 2/1 against you playing more games than me before you hit a negative score.

And..................

I'll offer 3/1 against you finishing higher than me at the end of the month.

Max bet on each prop is $1.

Wagers need to be stated in this thread prior to the start of today's final game. Stakes will then need to be transferred to a trusted 3rd party prior to completion of tomorrow's games. EST applies.

I hope I haven't broken any rules with this. If I have I'm sure the mods will make it clear and give me the appropriate reprimand

Darkman is back -

beware Open Leaguers!

I almost wish I was back in the Open League to take you up on this. I played the first tournament this morning whilst getting breakfast and waiting for the Premier League to kick off. I registered after 91/2 mins when the 6000 field was already down to 4000 and my 'entry' position was 1800. After 30 mins of folding I was 1400 of 2000. At the first break I was 804 of 934. I resisted the urge to play any hands at all and was all in with the big blinds at 300 for my last 270 chips. My K7 off in that hand got beat by 63 that hit a full house, so zero hands won for a finish 663/6019.

You must have been taking bigger risks to get your higher finish of 570th. Though I would bet you played very few hands, maybe you got AA and only played that.

Can't see you getting many takers here - but good luck in the League,

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Darkman OL Prop

I'll take up the finish bet, can't take the other one , already got donked out by k9o against AKsuited !!!

Comment

Originally posted by boobylops View Post
        I'll take up the finish bet, can't take the other one , already got donked out by k9o against AKsuited !!!
        You wanna wait until the end of the month before you decide how much to stake?

Comment

Let's make it fun again

No, I'll just send you my $1 now shall I ? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by boobylops View Post
            No, I'll just send you my $1 now shall I ? LOL
            No

I'll find a fine upstanding citizen to whom we can send our money for safekeeping and post it here sometime today

Only one taker. I thought BobbyTheFish and mcgameboy would've given it a shot

Comment

Okies. ahar010 (zero one zero) has agreed to hold the stakes. I've transferred my $3. As soon as you transfer your $1 it's game on

I see you've got a nice lead

Comment

Open skill League Challenge- Let's Make It Fun Again

Funds transferred to stakeholder.

I have a bit of a lead now but when I accepted the challenge the boot was on a different foot , I was 5559th after my first game when I took you up on this.

Tracking of scores since I accepted the challenge has been done but i can't get them to paste properly in the forum, anybody knowing how to do it please help,

This looks like it might be a very tight challenge, good luck and it's a shame no-one else took you up on it.
                Last edited by boobylops; Mon Nov 07, 2011, 12:51 AM. Reason: Wordpad tabs don't work in paste

Comment

Okay. Not that we had anything on it, but my positive run's over. My Aces just got cracked by a one outer. Standard

Comment

Got you in my sights now 34 [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_site/global/themes/pso/arrow-down-f00.png[/IMG] 5 boobylops $2 $10 [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_site/global/themes/pso/checked.png[/IMG] 2119.87 35 [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_site/global/themes/pso/arrow-down-f00.png[/IMG] 4 zerok666 $2 $10 [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_site/global/themes/pso/checked.png[/IMG] 2112.44 36 [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_site/global/themes/pso/arrow-up-0f0.png[/IMG] 3 Chameleon X7 $2 $10 [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_site/global/themes/pso/checked.png[/IMG] 2105.54 37 [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_site/global/themes/pso/arrow-up-0f0.png[/IMG] 16 bengad $2 $10 [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_site/global/themes/pso/checked.png[/IMG] 2102.43 38 [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_site/global/themes/pso/arrow-down-f00.png[/IMG] 2 annakr1 $2 $10 [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_site/global/themes/pso/checked.png[/IMG] 2100.46 39 [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_site/global/themes/pso/arrow-down-f00.png[/IMG] 1 Darkman61 $2 $10 [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_site/global/themes/pso/checked.png[/IMG] 2098.62

Comment

This is getting really interesting now, only one place in it .

PokerSchool Open Skill League
                      Rank Username Level < 20 VPP 20+ VPP Eligible Score
                      29 9 annakr1 $2 $10 2144.47
                      30 6 Chameleon X7 $2 $10 2134.99
                      31 3 boobylops $2 $10 2132.36
                      32 7 Darkman61 $2 $10 2130.21
                      33 4 CITYOFCHA539 $2 $10 2128.31
                      Last updated: November 10, 2011 3:16 ET

My positive run has also ended after 20 games with a mis-click putting me all-in when i meant to fold.

With any luck I will be able to catch up on the 4 games I'm behind you over the weekend.
                      Last edited by boobylops; Thu Nov 10, 2011, 11:52 PM. Reason: add league table

Comment

Either of you two know why the standings have not been updated today? is this a common occurence?

Comment

I was wondering the same but have come to the conclusion it's because it's the weekend and nobody is available to post them.
                          Last edited by boobylops; Mon Nov 14, 2011, 08:16 AM. Reason: spelling !!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
                            No

I'll find a fine upstanding citizen to whom we can send our money for safekeeping and post it here sometime today

Only one taker. I thought BobbyTheFish and mcgameboy would've given it a shot

Dammit

I WISH I had seen this post when it was posted D'Man and not just 5 minutes ago. Because I would definitely have taken you up on the offer. It would have given me an extra added incentive.
                            Because I dont intend to make the same mistake I made in August. Back then, I finished 21st and everyone in the Top 20 had played at least 74 games (some had played more than twice as many games than I had). I played only 62 and missed on Top 20 by 1.19 points. I was even in the Top 20 with one game to go. Lesson learned.

But for the record, here's my story this month so far....

Played 36 games

ITMs: 35 (only failure was in my 12th Game when I missed ITM by 49 places)
                            Positive scores: 35 (my only failure was in my 36th game which was the 1700 ET game last night - even then...it's probably only minus 3 as I scraped into ITM to get those extra 3 points).

But now the real business begins...the 2400 point choke now means that ITM wont guarantee a positive points score

Anyhow....good luck for the rest of the month D'man..same to you booby Let's all aim for at least Top 20...and finish there

Comment

Damn ^^^ that is pretty impressive!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.